Lexus Rx330 AWD trasmission fluid capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1

Does anyone know the capacity of this trans? I have called 5 dealers and they all say "somewhere around 10 quarts"
mad.gif

BTW it is the 2004 4 speed auto

Last edited:
Look up the capacity on the Amsoil web site. It appears you could have a U151E or U151F transmission and slightly different capacity.

U151E - initial fill 3.7Q total fill 9.3Q.
U151F - initial fill 3.8Q total fill 9.5Q.

It also calls for the normal Amsoil Synthetic Transmission Fluid, which has a part number starting with ATFxxx.

My Lexus Owners Manual(for my 2001 RX-300) calls for Toyata T-IV 4 qts but, when doing a drain/refill I have replaced anywhere between 4.0 qts and 4.3 qts depending on the angle of lift while draining and just how long I allow all of the fluid to drain. The Haynes Repair Manual for these models...(Toyota Highlander/Lexus RX300/330 - 1999-2006)that I have in front of me while Im writing this call for 4.1 qts(3.9 l) for the RX-330 AWD. The Haynes Repair Manual does not show the total amount of ATF that I can find at this time, only drain/refill. I will keep searching if you like. These repair manuals are not gospil but they claim that they get their information for the MFG.

I found it:

U151F - initial fill 3.8Q total fill 9.5Q.

Thanks everyone!

BTW, did 4 drain/fills to get 85% new fluid and it shifts great with the T-IV

Last edited:
Since this driver gets about 35,000 miles a year I will give it 3 drain/fills once a year just to keep up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back