Lexus: Made-in-China Qlty Is Not Good Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dareo
China can build the finest products in the world if you pay for that level of quality. It is just too tempting to pay less for low quality. Lexus could have world class products made there and save money. I appreciate that they do not employ China today but soon they will go down that road like everyone else.

You don't know/possess their typical social mentality to understand what's within them (that leads them to cheat, or plagiarism so to speak). Afterall: most of their automobile manufacturers are somewhat state-owned (with joint foreign ventures, prime example such as Dongfong, etc.), and they can literally cheat/lie through their teeth and substitute sub-par components w/o you knowing it. Plagiarism at it's finest:

http://jalopnik.com/5943850/the-ten-most-embarrassingly-obvious-car-knockoffs

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/07/chinese-cars-ripoff

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/the-weird-and-wonderful-world-of-chinese-cars/ss-BBgbQ1A

Poor souls will sell their name plate and their reputation to the chinese, and ended up in ruins. high end marques would rather keep their brand and uphold their reputation by keeping it in their own soils.

Afterall: Japanese are no dummy RE: dealing with chinese and their govts....they know them far too well..

Q.

I forgot to mention that if you want perfect quality out of China you have to baby sit the entire process to make sure they aren't cheating you. It can be done but it requires a lot of oversight on the entire logistical chain and paying more for the quality.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
I think his opinion will be proved wrong in the next decade.

Buy a Lexus and drive it 200,000 miles and you will see what he is talking about. I am on my 3rd one....the quality and reliability is excellent.

China can build the finest products in the world if you pay for that level of quality. It is just too tempting to pay less for low quality. Lexus could have world class products made there and save money. I appreciate that they do not employ China today but soon they will go down that road like everyone else.

I doubt it.

I forgot to mention that if you want perfect quality out of China you have to baby sit the entire process to make sure they aren't cheating you. It can be done but it requires a lot of oversight on the entire logistical chain and paying more for the quality.

Which is expensive and offsets the savings of the cheap labour. That's why Cisco has returned a fair bit of its manufacturing to North America.

The Chinese promise is equal quality at greatly reduced prices. The reality is reduced quality, sometimes greatly, at somewhat reduced prices when you factor in the babysitting. And then there's the cost of them ripping off your designs, the effects of which won't be immediately realized.

Heck, you can look at the poo show with the Chinese bridge in San Fran for a demonstration on how something that was supposed to save tons of money ended up costing billions and despite the extensive and expensive QC checks, there were (and are) still a mass of defects.

well said. also the currency exchange rate is not looking that great....

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Which is expensive and offsets the savings of the cheap labour. That's why Cisco has returned a fair bit of its manufacturing to North America.

The Chinese promise is equal quality at greatly reduced prices. The reality is reduced quality, sometimes greatly, at somewhat reduced prices when you factor in the babysitting. And then there's the cost of them ripping off your designs, the effects of which won't be immediately realized.

Heck, you can look at the poo show with the Chinese bridge in San Fran for a demonstration on how something that was supposed to save tons of money ended up costing billions and despite the extensive and expensive QC checks, there were (and are) still a mass of defects.

In short summary: chinese will promise you everything in the world to get you to commit (sign contracts, etc.). Once they got your head on the string, they will throw in all kinds of shortcuts, cheating, shortchange you on quality, etc. and you'll ended up with a dismal product that would look great on the outside; garbage on the inside...most importanly: these end products will fail on you when you least expect.

When it comes to dealing with quality control, everyone can be taken seriously except them.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Quest
Poor souls will sell their name plate and their reputation to the chinese, and ended up in ruins. high end marques would rather keep their brand and uphold their reputation by keeping it in their own soils.

Mercedes just opened a factory in China. 60% of the parts are supposed to be locally sourced.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
dareo said:
Californians are some of the most gullible fools on Earth regardless of their level of education. Jerry Moonbeam Brown is on his third term, enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back