Let's talk about Civics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a motorcycle and drive the camaro when it rains or you need to haul something. Bonus is there might be better motorcycle parking on campus!

After driving a 2002 Honda Civic, I have to say the Corolla is much more fun to drive. I've driven a Corolla S, which isn't a good comparison, but the Corolla is just sportier looking, has more passenger room and more comfortable interior, as well as 36 (?) MPGs. I drove an automatic and it was ok but with the 5-speed, that thing would fly even more. The Honda had some get up and go but nothing compared to the Corolla. The Honda had a rougher ride and I didn't like the driving position. Being a designated driver is cool.. you get to test drive many cars.
grin.gif

Buy the honda civic HX with a manual tranny. It comes with a vtec-e engine that gets 44 mpg epa highway. It has a few more HP then the base honda civic engine, not as much as the EX, but the HX feels more powerful because it's a lean-burn engine, sounds silly what I say but trust me. Good luck finding An HX civic, it's on the honda website, but not many dealers order this model and will act dumb about it when you speak of it to them. I had a 96' that never got less then 34 mpg no matter how I drove it. I sold it to a friend who still brags about the gas mileage, and I now wish I never sold it to him.

One huge negative on the Civic is excessive insurance rates especially considering your sex/age. I only pay $35 more per year for a 2004 Subaru WRX (wagon) vs my previous 1995 Honda Civic Coupe, this is with equivalent coverages. I was quite shocked with this to say the least.

The Honda Civic is not even close any way, shape, or form to a sports car, no matter what the younger set thinks.

quote:

Originally posted by rjundi:
One huge negative on the Civic is excessive insurance rates especially considering your sex/age. I only pay $35 more per year for a 2004 Subaru WRX (wagon) vs my previous 1995 Honda Civic Coupe, this is with equivalent coverages. I was quite shocked with this to say the least.

The Honda Civic is not even close any way, shape, or form to a sports car, no matter what the younger set thinks.

Isn't that because of the theft rate and maybe it costs more to repair when damaged?

I am assuming the honda civic gets high insurance because it's a "jerk magnet" (no offense to you) and 20-something males driving them wind up in tons of accidents. It's all in the insurance actuarial tables.

Most of what you pay in insurance goes to liability, so civic drivers are found more at fault more of the time in multi-car accidents. But it varies by locale, so check your agent.

Funny story: I went to look at a HX model since I was entrigued by the 44 mpg and low price (compared to other models) and was told by a salesman "You don't want a HX. Those HXs run on natural gas"
twak.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back