Lets see your doggos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I have two Miniature Schnauzers. Raena, our oldest was adopted as a puppy and has been with my wife since she (my wife) was 11 years old. Oliver, is about to turn one in about 2 weeks. We got him from a breeder in another state (closest one we could find!). They both have such strong personalities and make excellent companions. Sadly we had to put down our third Mini a couple months back, he was 12 years old.

This is Ranea

This is Oliver, he was only 10 weeks or so old in the first picture.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
My wife and I have two Miniature Schnauzers. Raena, our oldest was adopted as a puppy and has been with my wife since she (my wife) was 11 years old. Oliver, is about to turn one in about 2 weeks. We got him from a breeder in another state (closest one we could find!). They both have such strong personalities and make excellent companions. Sadly we had to put down our third Mini a couple months back, he was 12 years old.

This is Ranea

Other than size, are they much different than the the standard or giant size temperament wise ? Do they get along with other dogs ? Thanks

This is our Kato. Just recently turned 3 (we think) and is 75lbs of pure pit muscle. Our first pit and definitely not our last, couldn't ask for a more loyal dog.

Graduating from obedience training.

He loves playing in the snow.

He adores his mom, my wife.

One of his Grandmas decided he needed a scarf...

Originally Posted By: hemitruck
Originally Posted By: gregk24

This is Ranea

Other than size, are they much different than the the standard or giant size temperament wise ? Do they get along with other dogs ? Thanks

As a breed, the Minis do well with other dogs. Our don't socialize much, so I'm not sure. Knowing them, I would they they would do fine. They just bark a lot at others which is a very common trait of Mini's.

One thing I love about Mini Schauzers is they act like large dogs. We always had large dogs growing up (labs mostly), and I never could see myself liking or owning a small dog. My wife had always had her two Mini Schnauzers growing up and I fell in love with the breed. That is when we adopted Oliver.

Meet Buster. He's now 17 years and 3 months old. This picture was taken just a few months ago.

I adopted him at the pound, when he was just 11 months old.

This is Fiona, a Polish Lowland Sheepdog approaching the 5 year mark. I've had her since October last year but known her since she was imported as a puppy.

When this photo was taken she was still afraid of the ocean and would run away from a small line of whitewater rolling up the beach.

Now, She wants me to throw her bone into deep water so that she has to swim and take several waves on the head.

I time the throw so that some wave energy sends her into underwater cartwheel mode, and she comes up grinning with tail wagging, and snorting with more joy than when she has sucessfully chased off a murder of crows, her second favorite past time.

20171103_175007copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back