LED Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I'm good with what I have. I used my OEM H11's in the projector housings for less than a year and then tried a pair of PIAA Night Tech. I liked them, but 1.5 years was the lifespan. So, I have the German made Philips bulbs back in. The car is a garaged 2012 Mazda 3. I use the Meguiar's headlight protectant even though it's garaged at work and at home. The lenses are as clear as new. I guess it's an addiction to "upgrading" that we all seem to have at some point. I just liked the idea of LED lighting.

You want to talk about dramatic improvement? Try going from old school tungsten sealed beams on a 1972 Pontiac to halogens. Now, THAT was dramatic. Most lighting on cars these days isn't bad at all.

Change H11 to H9 (with minor modification) will improve the light output by more than 50%. Since you have projector housing, H9 in place of H11 will not produce more glare.

One of the factory installed H7 low beam bulbs in my 2011 Sonata went out a few days ago. It lasted 54 months/62,300 miles which is pretty good. The factory bulb was a "Made in Germany" Philips bulb.

After spending way too much time looking at the different bulb options, I went with the "Made in Germany" H7 Philips Vision +30%. It seemed to be the best balance of slightly improved lighting and life expectancy.

So far I like them. Of course, any new bulb is going to seem better than halogen bulbs that were 4.5 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back