Lead acid battery fluid change

I see some vendors sell battery acid for lead acid batteries, and that got me thinking and gave me a bit nuts idea. We change fluids on our cars on regular basis, what if we did the same on the battery too to prolong battery life? I mean the acid solution do deteriorate as well as other fluid on the car and it absorbs sludge from cells, i have seen sludge inside the cells inside older batteries. This gives me an idea. What if we pull away older battery from the car, pull the caps and drain it, rinse the cells clean with pure water, add new battery acid, recharge and then install back on the car. I mean, it could work in theory. Any one tried that before?

Why screw around dumping, flushing acid,
Which by the way is highly corrosive, needless to say dangerous on a battery worth $100 to 200

No one said it was ! dumping fresh acid in an older battery with sulphated plates equals pointless.
It won`t help a shot battery no, but on half bad battery it might in theory. I have seen sludge from the plates in the acid before, therefore i wonder if it was possible to flush the battery clean and then add fresh acid to it to prolong the battery life.

Its definitely possible and i'm sure it may extend the life some ? just not worth the hassle for me.

You flip it to drain it, fill up with clean water and flip it again. Its not rocket science dude.
I think you'd better stick to the dog-sleigh. One doesn't add water, but "Distilled water" and not too far from you on the east there is a country that manufactures one of the best battery tenders/chargers/desulfators CTEK use one of their products it's safer and more effective!

Back