LC20

Status
Not open for further replies.
White smoke may indicate a head gasket problem.

Nothing short of replacing a head gasket will cure that.

I hope that is not the case since cylinder scoring could have happened.

LC20 if you have it or MMO, soaking each cylinder might improve compression, but you need to find out what is causing problem(s).

You need an engine!! Don't waste your time and money It may restore a little compression but it's not a cure all. No Additive is

Last edited:
#7 IS REAL LOW, NOT A MECHANIC AND THIS IS HIGH MILE 98 TRUCK WHICH WILL BE REPLACED SOON SO WHATEVER i DO IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE ADDED TO THE OIL AND THEN CHANGE OIL AND LOOK FOR IMPROVEMENT MORE THAN A TOTAL CURE. YOUR THOUGHTS ON A HAIL MARY ATTEMPT ARE APPRECIATED.

I've done a LC20 flush as outlined in a paper written by Terry Dyson on LCD's page. I have also done a Molasoke on my chainsaw roughly 2 weeks ago. Smoked like a bandit.

Molakule I don't suppose you can find the orginial posts about the Molasoke can you? I tried but could not seem to find the original.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
I've done a LC20 flush as outlined in a paper written by Terry Dyson on LCD's page. I have also done a Molasoke on my chainsaw roughly 2 weeks ago. Smoked like a bandit.

Molakule I don't suppose you can find the orginial posts about the Molasoke can you? I tried but could not seem to find the original.

What are you soaking a chainsaw carb in? They have plastic check valves and rubber diaphrams that can go to gooo.

Sorry, back to topic. Try pouring two table spoons of seafoam in each spark plug hole and soak overnight. Run seafoam aerosol through the brake vacum line. Many descriptive threads on line about intake cleaning.

If you are sucking coolant through the head gasket,and do not want to spend big $, drive it until it blows up
15.gif

Its called a Molasoke, you soak the piston and combustion chamber with LC20. Remove spark plug and add 2-3 oz of LC20 per cylinder for cars or trucks. Takes a lot less on a chainsaw. Let soak for minimum 1 hour then slowly turn over engine by hand perferably and let soak overnight. Next day make sure the LC20 has drained past the piston rings and start engine in well ventilated area. The engine will smoke while the carbon is burning off the piston and CC. Helped clean up my saw nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back