Layering Griots 3-in-1 Ceramic

I've been finding some great information here. A quick question - took ownership of a new Lexus NX350H in red last week. Thanks to the advice of several on this forum, I went with Griots 3-in-1 ceramic. I applied the first two coats on the second day of ownership about 18 hours apart. I put another coat on yesterday and was considering another coat in the next few days before snow and rain set in.

My question, am I wasting time and product doing applications so close together? Can this product be layered? Thanks in advance for any information.

I've been finding some great information here. A quick question - took ownership of a new Lexus NX350H in red last week. Thanks to the advice of several on this forum, I went with Griots 3-in-1 ceramic. I applied the first two coats on the second day of ownership about 18 hours apart. I put another coat on yesterday and was considering another coat in the next few days before snow and rain set in.

My question, am I wasting time and product doing applications so close together? Can this product be layered? Thanks in advance for any information.

It can be layered. Two coats is enough. For optimal performance wait 24 hours between coats. Ceramics need a curing time.

What I do is apply a coat and the next time I wash I apply another coat.

2 coats are ideal. More than that is a waste of time will yield no benefits at all.

Did you strip the surface prior to application? It's not entirely necessary but you'll get better results if you start from a clean surface.

It can be layered. Two coats is enough. For optimal performance wait 24 hours between coats. Ceramics need a curing time.

What I do is apply a coat and the next time I wash I apply another coat.
That’s good advice for those of us who don’t store our vehicles in a garage. Don’t want to apply again without washing when it’s been sitting outside collecting dust, etc.

That’s good advice for those of us who don’t store our vehicles in a garage. Don’t want to apply again without washing when it’s been sitting outside collecting dust, etc.

That’s one big reason I do it that way. Another reason is that the Griots tends to attract pollen and whatever else is floating around in the air. It must be creating a static charge or something.

Right now our car which is silver has a coating of yellow pollen on it. We have a couple of large pines that really put this stuff out.

That’s one big reason I do it that way. Another reason is that the Griots tends to attract pollen and whatever else is floating around in the air. It must be creating a static charge or something.

Right now our car which is silver has a coating of yellow pollen on it. We have a couple of large pines that really put this stuff out.
Yep. Good thing is it washes off easily.

I thought it was crazy for thinking the same thing

Layering is debatable... it may work for some products, doesn't do anything for others. I would not layer more than two layers. Beyond that you may be simply wasting product. Might be better to simply boost it with a new layer when it gets weak.

Here is some independent testing done, this is the five month update: (note the Griots failed much earlier in this test than in previous tests ScottH has performed. He noted one change was it went through a record heat spell of 100F to 109F which may be why.
==

Back