Lawnmower Recommendations.

Micahmcmeen

Looking at getting a new lawn mower, I've always used my sun Joe corded eletric, which I loved but I've moved to a house where the yard is too big to keep using it. I'm looking for a self propelled push mower. Recommendations?

Toro Personal Pace. The Hondas are nice but I don’t like the thumb activated transmission.
Couldn't agree more! I've mowed 5 almost straight hours with my personal pace super recycler, and it's very comfortable. No complaints. I've probably added 500 hours since I've bought it used.

Noting wrong with a B&S engine. I've run many and they all work fine. Many run with the dreaded 10% ethanol in the tank over the winter. No problems. I do add Stabil and Seafoam to the mix (I run that in my boat) but I never drain my engines. Many mowers over 10 years old.

I'm going on 25 years with a Toro Super Recycler self propelled mower with a 5.5 hp B&S engine. It has never failed to start and the only time it was ever in the shop was to let the selling dealer do an annual maintenance routine on it and to replace the pull rope at my insistence as a precaution. While we were there, my wife insisted we look at lawn tractors too which resulted in us purchasing one.

Even with a riding mower, we still use the Toro push mower 2 to 3 hours a week. We have not had any engine or self propelled system problems, but about 8 years ago I did replace all 4 wheels due to them becoming quite worn.

I bought a Toro Super Recycler with Honda 160 GCV engine. It's got a black aluminum frame.
Bought it 2 years ago. Best mower I've ever owned!

Last edited:
Depends on your budget. I would go with a Toro Super recycler or a Honda mower. I have a Super recycler with a B&S 190cc engine, first thing I did was add an inline fuel filter, these carbs tend to get clogged very easily and cause issues, I've never had a problem. Lots of power from the 190cc engine, mowed TALL St.Augustine grass and engine never hesitated.
Check Facebook marketplace or other sales apps/site to find deals on used mowers.

depending on your price range a Honda dual bladed rear drive self propelled bagger is best IMO. i have the HRX hydrostatic drive with nexlite no rust deck about 15 yrs + was mowing 4 lawns a week for a while, now at 74 yo only mine with hills its about 50 min job. you can close the rear door + mulch as well. i really like a bagger as the lawn looks great without clumps all over + less clippings gets into the house. the less costlier models self propelled ones are good as well as my aunt had one i got for her from home depot 10% military discount as well, check out Hondas web + choose

Back