Lawnmower almost ready

It is a little bit early (here) but I have my Troy-Bilt lawnmower with Honda engine just about ready to go for the season. I took the blade off and got it sharpened, put a new oil filter in and a new spark plug, and I even oiled the wheels where light oil is required. I decided not to change oil and put gasoline in until right before I start mowing. I got some fuel stabilizer for the gasoline. I checked out the plug and I think the engine (Honda 160 cc) is running a little rich. How do you set the carb to lean it out a little? I live at almost 5000 foot elevation.

Last edited:
 Originally Posted By: Mystic
It is a little bit early (here) but I have my Troy-Bilt lawnmower with Honda engine just about ready to go for the season. I took the blade off and got it sharpened, put a new oil filter in and a new spark plug, and I even oiled the wheels where light oil is required. I decided not to change oil and put gasoline in until right before I start mowing. I got some fuel stabilizer for the gasoline. I checked out the plug and I think the engine (Honda 160 cc) is running a little rich. How do you set the carb to lean it out a little? I live at almost 5000 foot elevation.
honda engine, of course. I feel for you. Honda engines are junk. how old is it?

Jet, Main (#58) Optional for high altitude - 4000-7000 feet 99101-124-0620 $7.58 Plano Power and Equipment.
 Originally Posted By: fordboy
I feel for you. Honda engines are junk.
In your dreams.

Last edited:
You should be doing the oil change before putting it into storage instead of when taking it out of storage.

Mystic

Before I put the lawnmower away for the winter I always put fresh oil in and drain the gas tank as much as possible. I don't use the oil that was in the lawnmower for the winter. I always put fresh oil in.

Before I put the lawnmower away for the winter I always put fresh oil in and drain the gas tank as much as possible. I don't use the oil that was in the lawnmower for the winter. I always put fresh oil in.
Kind of a waste of good oil, isn't it? It is not going to get dirty in storage for a few months.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
Kind of a waste of good oil, isn't it? It is not going to get dirty in storage for a few months.
+1. Man, that's throwing oil/money away. 'Course, it IS your oil/money, right?

Originally Posted By: punisher
Jet, Main (#58) Optional for high altitude - 4000-7000 feet 99101-124-0620 $7.58 Plano Power and Equipment.
 Originally Posted By: fordboy
I feel for you. Honda engines are junk.
In your dreams.
I dream a lot.