Lawn Mower Maintenance

hang on! You change oil in your car every 3,000 miles but when it's really needed in your mower...?

:eek: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah just got it last year. My mom destroyed the other when when she ran over a board with it LOL. It’s basically the neighborhood mower because the people that are closest to me destroyed theirs last year because they forgot to put oil in it out of the box they thought it came with oil already in it. Even though it came with a bottle of oil.

I get that you're suggesting that I change the oil in the spring, however, I'm not leaving that old oil in the engine all winter. It's well-known that you change oil before you store an engine, not after.

Not known to me. If you think the oil‘s add pack is depleted by the end of ONE season you’re deluding yourself.

Not known to me. If you think the oil‘s add pack is depleted by the end of ONE season you’re deluding yourself.
It might be interesting to change the oil at the end of the season and then let it sit in a graduated flask or pipette to see if anything settles out over the winter. Theoretically nothing should settle out, but in practice I am not so sure.

Leave it in there until it's sludge. I don't care. You do you.

Why would it sludge? It‘s very unlikely that you’ve used up the entire sludge-fighting add pack after one season of use.

Heck, I might not even change the oil in my mower this Spring! :eek:

Why would it sludge? It‘s very unlikely that you’ve used up the entire sludge-fighting add pack after one season of use.

Heck, I might not even change the oil in my mower this Spring! :eek:

I don't believe I ever said it would sludge in 1 season. I said leave it in there until it turns to sludge. You're asserting I'm changing too early, and I'm encouraging you to do what you want to do, and I will do I want to do. Now, what do you suppose you can read into this post?

I don't believe I ever said it would sludge in 1 season. I said leave it in there until it turns to sludge. You're asserting I'm changing too early, and I'm encouraging you to do what you want to do, and I will do I want to do. Now, what do you suppose you can read into this post?

Talk about reading into things. You told me to leave it in until it sludges. I responded to that.

Im asserting that it doesn’t matter whether you change it in the fall, when put up for storage, or in the spring, before first use.

Gas or electric? If it's gas hopefully it's the type where you can change the oil and not sealed.

My Craftsman pressure washer has a lifetime fill of oil (just top off). I changed the oil after its first several hours...

Gravity overrides everything.

Reactions: JC1
That’s cool. Here at Walmart they carry Autolite now but I think they are coppers not sure. I’ll look into some iridium that sounds better than the copper.
I looked at them 2 weeks ago they are made in China. I try to avoid made in China but it is impossible.

Back