Lawn mower, 0w30, smoking on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Originally Posted By: Hyrde

This 9 year old Honda fires first pull with no choke and the pull is so light! That low compression start system really works, not just marketing there. My 190cc Briggs powered snow blower, which is a very expensive model with way fewer hours on it, needs two or three HARD pulls with the choke on.. I'll service it before summer storage.

Change diaphragm in a carburator (if equipped).......and rubber O-ring where carburetor seats on maniford (possible air leak there thats why you probably have these problems with B&S)

Thanks for the tip, I had some trouble locating a parts list on B&S website but I'll stop by the dealer and see what they can do for me. The engine is actually a 205cc 800 snow series max and is surprisingly powerful considering the specs. The carb has one of those rubber pushbuttons you use to prime it.

Last edited:
First I tought that you have small snowthrower (usually they are only single stage ones) with "lawnmower" engine on it...since you have mentioned 190cc Briggs...

In that case you would need parts 617 (O-ring) and 394 (diaphragm)......picture is there just for the educational purposes....it is not for your particular engine!!!

replacement_part_1.jpg

But now you said that you have different engine....I can see that it is OHV one......just do valve job and it should fire on 1st pull
wink.gif

Youtube is your friend
wink.gif

Awesome, thanks for the video. Great channel that one. I just need a feeler gauge with thinner blades then I'll get right on it.

0W-30 is too thin for my liking on a small engine and will seep past rings more easily when that engine sits.. 10w-30 is what I dump in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hyrde
Awesome, thanks for the video. Great channel that one. I just need a feeler gauge with thinner blades then I'll get right on it.

And dont forget to buy "engine silicone-direct translation from my language"
smile.gif
I think they call it RTV silicone here...just for any case if your old valve cover gasket would not be reusable anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back