Lawn Boy ignition problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Model 10247 LB mower with Susuki 2Cyc engine. I cannot get the pot licker to start becasue I have no spark to the plug. I know it is not a bad plug because I put it in my string trimmer and was able to get spark. For some background, earlier this summer I could not get it to start, pulled the plug and the insulator was brown on one half and white on the other, I mean right down the middle 50/50. Put in a new plug and it started. Besides the Ignition coil what else could be the problem with my lack of spark? Thanks in advance.

My lawn boy ran like ----. Check that handle cable that shuts the engine down. It was hanging up on mine, but could be hanging up enough on yours to keep the current disrupted. Just un-hook it, try it and see if your spark is back. It will run with it unhooked, then to shut it down just push the lever into the engine to ground it, it will not shock you.

Checked the safety switch on the cable per a recommendation from a small engine mechanic I know (Panzerman was right on here as well). I jumped the switch connection and pulled, got spark immedietely. I cleaned the connection up a bit and fiddled with that area, and it starts right up now. I will keep an eye on this area in the future, and not rule out a ignition wire problem, as what it did seem to not change the actual point of contact much. Thanks for the help, I guess for now we look okay. Regardless I have my dads 30 year old LB to fall back onlike I did this weekend. It always starts with a little gas down the plug hole to moist it up. If this continues I will bypass the switch and put a fuel shut-off valve on the line like the old school LBs.

The coils on these motors go all the time, if there is no spark , changed the coil, they now make an upgraded coil that should last longer. I think the part number is 100-2916.

Glad it worked out for you, I just left the assemble off mine. You can just push that little lever on the motor(the cable hooks to) over with your finger and ground out the motor and it will shut it down. It wont shock you. I dont think you will have any oyher problems, this is a common problem on these. I bought a Lawnboy at a yard sale for $15.00, like new because the guy said it didnt run this was the only problem and I resold it for $100 for like 20 minutes work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back