Latest distribution table for the German Castrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a different Walmart this afternoon (the Airport Road Walmart!) and snagged all ten bottles that they had, since I noticed they were all from my favorite batch:

M030426B T/W1240607

I'm all set for a while, although 12L of my collection will be used up in the next two weeks, as I'm doing an oil change on my dad's 2004 Volvo XC70 tomorrow, and my own car the following week. I won't be doing a UOA on my dad's oil until next year, I'll wait for one of his summertime intervals (he'll be doing 7500 mile intervals)

Patman,

You, my friend, are a good son!
grin.gif

I bought five quarts of the German Castrol in the AutoZone in Pueblo, Colorado on October 3, 2003. These are the first bottles of the German Castrol I have ever seen in this store. The number on the bottom of the bottles was M023386BTAG785 2000. What does all of this stuff mean?

Looks like we are still seeing remnants of previous batches...it is important that we see some new numbers pop up...wonder what % of the initial distribution is left? I will try to get an updated table on the board this weekend.

[ October 03, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Thanks buscuitboy and Mystic. Mystic, I explained what I think the numbers mean in your other thread.

[ October 04, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Patman,

You, my friend, are a good son!
grin.gif

And he is the best dad in the world!!

I'm even supplying him the oil free of charge! Of course that is only the right thing to do, since my parents wrote me a check this week for $10,000!! They gave me and my sister each the same amount, to help us both out financially since we're both struggling. This money will go towards buying out our 2000 Civic's lease, as it's due this month. So now instead of having to refinance for four or five more years, we own it free and clear! So the least I can do is give dear old dad free oil!
smile.gif

[ October 04, 2003, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Hey, me too!
tongue.gif

I put this stuff in dad's 528i and it's never run better! Seems to be getting better gas mileage, and the inline-6 sounds soooo smooth on it.

I bought more GC, found these at AutoZones I've never been to before.

AutoZone, Cathedral St, Hempstead, NY. (new branch) M023386B784 1832

AutoZone, Merrick Blvd, Jamaica, NY. M030426A T/W 05482 1241

Jason

[ October 04, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: quadrun1 ]

Thanks, Jason. The batch pattern we are seeing right now is interesting...it wasn't until I saw your other thread that I realized one of the batches you reported was not a "TAG784" but a "B784." That does indeed look new. Thanks for reporting it.

[ October 04, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

FYI,

Bought 6 quarts yesterday. Half of the local AZ stock.

M023386BTAG785 2114
San Antonio, TX

I might buy some more of this for a second batch and add 350ml of #132 to thicken it up to a mid/high 40W. First batch (yesterday's) will be the GC stuff only.
Rick
patriot.gif

Thanks for the info, Rick...I think it is a good idea to try it unaltered first, see what you think, and then, if you want to fine-tune it, you know exactly what you're dealing with.

[ October 05, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Here are the batch numbers from the 5 quarts I bought 2 days ago:

M030426B T/W1240607 2252
Richmond Hill, ON, CA

Looks like they have a whole stock of GC at the Walmart I bought it from since there was no sign of yellow labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back