Last call

Good for you!
Enjoy your well earned retirement and cherish the memories you have from your long years of service.
I hope you were able to share the wisdom gained in your years of experience with your younger brethren.
Maybe an occasional instructor gig?

Good for you!
Enjoy your well earned retirement and cherish the memories you have from your long years of service.
I hope you were able to share the wisdom gained in your years of experience with your younger brethren.
Maybe an occasional instructor gig?
Yep, that was one of the important things I made sure got done. Hand down the legacy as it was given to me when I still had price tags on my uniforms. Will be assisting my old department with in-service training and occasionally guest instruct at our main academy in Columbia just to keep sharp and all. Applied for an associate judge position for our municipal court too.

Yep, that was one of the important things I made sure got done. Hand down the legacy as it was given to me when I still had price tags on my uniforms. Will be assisting my old department with in-service training and occasionally guest instruct at our main academy in Columbia just to keep sharp and all. Applied for an associate judge position for our municipal court too.
Congratulations. I can tell from your posts that you have passion for your career. At year 47 into my career and retirement now being considered, I share the rewarding "passion" aspect of a satisfying career.

Please share with us how you are planning/managing your retirement transition (you started in your post above). My doctor (75+) tells me some of his male patients go downhill, not handling this life change well.

Thank you for your service, past and future.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your retirement. I did 26 years of Federal Law Enforcement and it took me a while to get used to being retired. It's been almost 7 years since retirement, and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Back