LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner - awesome degreaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that stuff is really good! I discovered it awhile back when cleaning my grills and smokers. It cuts right through grease and smoke. I sprayed my engine down with it also and rinsed off with the garden hose. Good stuff and only costs a dollar!

Wonder what products are used in the to make it a great cleaner without using chemicals listed below ? sounds interesting.

No acid
• No ammonia
• No bleach
• Non-flammable
• Safe for septic tanks

I have used it for years to clean up after oil change (outside of drain pan,etc). I make sure I wear gloves. It strips the oil from my hands a little too well.

Originally Posted By: matrass
Wonder what products are used in the to make it a great cleaner without using chemicals listed below ? sounds interesting.

No acid
• No ammonia
• No bleach
• Non-flammable
• Safe for septic tanks

No idea, but it's the best degreaser I've ever seen, and it's cheap as dirt.

Originally Posted By: jfking106

No acid
• No ammonia
• No bleach
• Non-flammable
• Safe for septic tanks

Would be nice to see what type of ingredients make this product so good.

Originally Posted By: jfking106

No acid
• No ammonia
• No bleach
• Non-flammable
• Safe for septic tanks

Would be nice to see what type of ingredients make this product so good.

MSDS link
Looks like mostly orange oil and TSP..if I'm reading right...

Originally Posted By: user52165
Does it smell OK and can it be diluted like Simple Green?

oranges and yes, that's the idea.

Last edited:
You can dilute it, but I don't for degreasing car parts. Cuts right throught it.

Some pics after I cleaned my rocker arm assembly. The B12 was used to clear the oil passages. I soaked the assembly in 50/50 water and LA cleaner for about 30 min, then sprayed the assembly with undiluted clear and scrubbed with a toothbrush. Did this about 5 times over 15 minutes.

valvetrain.jpg

2013-04-10134318.jpg

That sure is one clean D15B7! Nice job!

I have one too, not quite so clean though. You near Atlanta?

Originally Posted By: JZiggy
That sure is one clean D15B7! Nice job!

I have one too, not quite so clean though. You near Atlanta?

Yup, near Athens, on the SC border.

The rest of the head isn't that clean. I took the rocker arm assembly off to replace the lower spark plug tube seals, and valve stem seals to try to slow down the oil burning. Bought the car from a friend, belonged to his wife. She abused the [censored] out of it. The first time I took the valve cover off to replace the valve cover gasket, everything in there but the tops of the spark plug tubes was solid black with hard, crusty deposits. The "dirty picture" I posted was after a year and a half of 3000 mile oil changes with half a quart of MMO thrown in. As you can imagine, the rings are stuck. I'll probably take the whole thing apart, and do the rings and bearings. On a limited income, so I want this thing to last another 200k.

Last edited:
I don't think that MSDS is quite right......I know there are quite a few "LA's Totally Awesome" Products available......and very similar product names
wink.gif

In fact I could have sworn it's been posted here previously, with some content of "2-butoxyethanol"......which is a very popular "degreaser" in Purple Power, Super Clean, as well as Simple Green.....perhaps they are trying to "change it up" and found something new
wink.gif

I know back when I was "researching" degreasers, I found that on paper, they are all pretty similar.....lol, in fact, I've started using a Degreaser called "Fresquito" now.....they make a whole line of foofy smelly bathroom cleaner products.....but Walmart sells a gallon of their degreaser for like 2.50.....and it works as clothing wash, spot cleaner, degreaser, etc.....and a lot cheaper than Purple Power, Super Clean, etc......only caveat, is you gotta mix it yourself :X Since it's in a gallon jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back