Kyle Busch in INDY 500 ?

....AMSP is known to be extremely interested in running NASCAR ace Kyle Busch in next year’s Indianapolis 500. The 37-year-old two-time Cup champion will depart Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota) for Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet) in 2023, which means he will not need to overcome the manufacturer hurdle that his then-Chevy-backed brother Kurt Busch faced when racing an Andretti Autosport-Honda to sixth place in the 2014 Indy 500.

Busch who has amassed 224 wins in NASCAR – 60 Cup, 102 Xfinity, 62 Truck – was not permitted under his JGR contract to pursue an IndyCar ride, but Childress has put no such barriers in place.

Questioned about the matter on the day of his RCR announcement, Busch replied: “That's in the deal. I made sure it was in the deal. I can go run [Indy] if I want to run it. So, by all means, any IndyCar teams that are Chevrolet, call me up."

I think Kyle can legit drive ... Was definitely not a fan of his. I was at the 2008 Richmond race where Dale Jr took him out going into turn 1. That was the best thing I ever saw. Which it was not until recently Dale Jr admitted he actually really meant to do that.

Kyle, Tony Stewart, and Jeff Gordon were the 3 drivers that I believe were like AJ Foyt and Mario Andretti... They could be fast in just about anything they drive IF the car is reasonably close enough to run fast.

Another driver that was like that was Nigel Mansel... F 1 champion who was leading very late in the 1993 Indy 500... Late race restart he didn't get the best restart he finished 3rd. Not too shabby though. They all knew Nigel was there that day.

Back