Kubota oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,
New old guy here-first post but a lurker for some time. Question- I have an older Kubota lawn/garden tractor G4200 HST diesel. Have been using dealer/Kobuta filters for years but its getting old and a pain for travel to the place to get them. Anyone know cross reference numbers for other filters that one could find at autoparts stores etc.???? Thanks for any suggestions and info.
Oldschool

Thanks 97 GTP, looks like I'm getting closer but thier listing gives some confusing info for me. They list G4200 and G4200H and then list "exceptions"-hydrostatic. My tractor is G4200 HST (hydrostatic Transmission). So I guess it is the other # they list which has no Hydrostatic exception note---if I am looking at the right model code. I suppose I will contact them and ask the question. Thanks again.
Oldschool

Have you tried going to an autoparts store and having them look up the filters? I had no problem finding Wix for my GF1800e.

Oldschool,

It's always good to be very careful to verify aftermarket filter numbers.

I have found several errors over the years, and it seems the computor/web catalogs seem to be worse than the paper catalogs. NAPA's store computer recommends the wrong filter for my Caravan. Deere, Kubota, and Baldwin have each given me fits also.

I think that you have discovered an error on the web site. My 2003 NAPA (Wix) catalog shows both the G4200 and G4200H take a (5)1064 oil filter. The "exception" is that the "H" also takes a hydrostatic trans filter (5)1367 (not 1361 on the web site). Add the (5) for wix, leave off for NAPA.

To double check, get the Kubota filter number and cross that with Wix/NAPA.

In my catalog, it looks like Kubota standardized MANY of their small tractors to take the 51064/1064 oil filter and 51367/1367 tranny filter.

I always check with the manufacturer (Wix) to verify any doubt.

If my guess is correct, what do I win???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back