Kubota coolant.

JMK

I have two Kubotas, a bx2370 and a B3030. Both of them are due for a coolant flush and fill. I'm torn between regular green, Asian red and Asian blue. Normal green is what is in them now. They both are iron block and head. What would be best for my application?

I noticed similar ambiguity in my bx2350 manual, its states something like “coolant and fresh water.” I plan on using oem if it’s not too expensive, or generic supertech if I get sticker shock.

IMG_0704.jpeg

Reactions: JMK
I've had Prestone 10yr/300k in my L4701 for a few years with no issues.. I did a full flush with distilled water then added the correct amount of concentrate so its 100% Prestone in there. I did a good bit of reading on the subject and it seems most folks that went to Kubota looking for coolant either found it was nothing special or they were using universal coolant.

Just don’t mix green and asian. I’ve seen that ruin components over time in two different Lexus cars.

Coincidentally, I just bought some coolant for our BX2230 yesterday. I bought Peak 10x - it is a well-respected AMAM (aka “universal”) that will work w/Green, Dex, or Asian. Or you can flush it and run it 100% (I do that w/it in European cars instead of stocking G-05). It is on sale for $8/gallon pre-mix at Ace Hardware right now, then you get $5/gallon back rebate so net $3/gallon for up to two gallons.

Link to post and Rebate link:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...5-jug-expires-12-31-2023.374866/#post-6667526

Last edited:
It’s my understanding that they don’t really care since they are dry lined. If I did a complete flush, I’d probably do a long life coolant like G05. If just a drain and fill, I’d stick with Kubota coolant. Manuals say change it bi yearly, which seems overkill to me.

Kubotas only spec the typical/traditional green EG coolants. No need for specialty stuff like the Asian specific coolants.
I use ST in my two Kubotas, but generally, brands don't matter. It's cost and availability for what I consider important.

Back