Krown: Tests vs Real World

Just a lot of oily gritty mess. Not sure if that’s bad or a feature. I have Krowned multiple cars, some professionally, some myself. They don’t get that messy…
Perhaps you washed these areas after winter or just washed them regularly?
Krown or whatever other oil based product will attract dirt, there is really now way around it besides washing it off from the visible areas after winter.
But if you let it sit, it will get messy.

Fleet user...trucks stay in the Midwest, East Coast and Canada. Krown has been my go to. Oldest truck I have is an 06 at 550,000km and it's still on original body panels and electrical connections. 09 with 1,100,000 km and it's still on original body panels and almost all it's original electrical connectors (ABS module plug went bad). There are lots of good products out there, I've had good luck with Krown and the Krown shop who applies it for me. The trucks go to Krown as soon as they get delivered from the dealer and get sprayed yearly. They are a bit of a mess to work on, but it beats having them rot.

Perhaps you washed these areas after winter or just washed them regularly?
Krown or whatever other oil based product will attract dirt, there is really now way around it besides washing it off from the visible areas after winter.
But if you let it sit, it will get messy.
No. And sorry, it wasn’t a poke or meant to be negative commentary. I’m a big fan of oil sprays.

I just think some places lay it on thicker and heavier than others. And maybe in more places. I’ve read years ago complaints from folks who had swollen seals. I never saw that sort of thing either.

I know my struts would get buildup like your underhood. But not my underhood, fwiw.

I drove my Honda off the lot to a Krown applicator- the oil swelled some seals under the hood. I do my own applications on my other vehicles and friends with Dominion No Drip from NAPA. I would prefer other petroleum based chemicals (Cosmoline) but the shipping kills me.

Last winter was my first in the snow/salt belt. I had the wife's 14 C Max and 03 Sierra Krowned. I was changing oil on the Sierra the other day and it still had a great coating of oil everywhere. I will also add that I tried the Krown penatrating oil and brake cleaner. Penatrating oil is good stuff, probably in my top 3. Their brake cleaner is the best I have found.

Back