Klondike HD ATF Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am due for a transmission fluid change on my Duramax which uses an Allison A1000 transmission. I want to use a fully compatible TES295 spec fluid for extended change intervals.

I see this newer ATF online (using their PDS) which says it's compatible but using Allison's website this fluid does not appear to be certified?

https://www.allisontransmission.com/parts-service/approved-fluids/on-highway-fluids

https://klondikelubricants.com/products/hd-atf-full-synthetic/

Anyone use this fluid or can offer any feedback as to Klondike products?

That name isn't familiar to me.
A lot of smaller blenders won't certify to TES-295 because it's not cheap to do so and the sales of trans fluid are not that high to justify it.
But seeing you're in Canada, the Petro Canada products always were very good.

117 bucks for a gallon of atf, wow

you can buy the Castrol (complete with Allison logo
grin2.gif
) for 55 on Amazon.

But that 325 pound transmission will last forever in your pickup running on 4 buck a quart Valvoline too.

TES-295 was developed for the applications with really tough duty cycles like city transit and trash haulers. We ran it 75000 miles in New York Sanitation, drained it out, brought it back to our labs, put it in a new transmission and ran a lifetime test cycle for the 1000 series transmission, and it did fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nascarnation
117 bucks for a gallon of atf, wow

you can buy the Castrol (complete with Allison logo
grin2.gif
) for 55 on Amazon.

But that 325 pound transmission will last forever in your pickup running on 4 buck a quart Valvoline too.

TES-295 was developed for the applications with really tough duty cycles like city transit and trash haulers. We ran it 75000 miles in New York Sanitation, drained it out, brought it back to our labs, put it in a new transmission and ran a lifetime test cycle for the 1000 series transmission, and it did fine.

That's 4 gallons, that makes it ~ $7.37/quart before tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back