Kitchen Range/Stove

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAS!!!!

I would buy, nor use NOTHING else.

Gas offers you instant heat, and more importantly INSTANT controll of how much heat.

Look in every professional restaurant's kitchen from Applebees to Le Bec-Fin. Gas is what is used. There is a reason for that. (look above)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rg200amp
GAS!!!!

Gas offers you instant heat, and more importantly INSTANT controll of how much heat.

Look in every professional restaurant's kitchen from Applebees to Le Bec-Fin. Gas is what is used. There is a reason for that. (look above)

I wish I could have a gas range but no gas lines in my neck of the woods...My mother hates electric ranges but there are no gas lines where she lives either...But G.E. seems to make the best electric ranges.

Do you have unfinished space below, or even above your kitchen? If not, running a gas line could damage a bunch of drywall. If you lack plumbing skills, get an estimate of having the line run before buying a gas range.

Gas lines aren't that bad to work with. You can even cheat and use the flexible lines meant for it. If you run rigid pipe, most places with cut and thread it for you.

I just ordered a natural conversion kit for my generator and see little problem running a gas line to it.

Originally Posted By: labman
Do you have unfinished space below, or even above your kitchen? If not, running a gas line could damage a bunch of drywall.

I am afraid no unfinished space below...Plus I live in a 56 unit condo...The condo commandos would have a hissy fit...I am used to the electric stove now so no worries...Plus I eat out most nights and do not cook much.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: rg200amp
GAS!!!!

I wish I could have a gas range but no gas lines in my neck of the woods...My mother hates electric ranges but there are no gas lines where she lives either...But G.E. seems to make the best electric ranges.

I hear you. I live in Coral Gables and no gas lines either. What I did was go with propane. Any range you buy at Brandsmart has a a set of jets to convert the range to propane. Slightly lower BTU with propane but it works fine. Then just get set up with a commercial propane provider to deliver the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back