Kirkland 0W-20 rough idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This paper may say something about oil and noise level but it does not support the idea 0W20 ST is noisier than Mobil 1.
Never said it proved ST was noisier than Mobil 1 ... only that there can certainly be differences between oils, and many people here can tell a difference too without sophisticated measuring tools. To believe nobody in the world can hear a difference when there is one is a bit of a reach.

Never said it proved ST was noisier than Mobil 1 ... only that there can certainly be differences between oils, and many people here can tell a difference too without sophisticated measuring tools. To believe nobody in the world can hear a difference when there is one is a bit of a reach.
The question remains. Can humans tell the difference between one commercially available oil and another within the same grade? That is the crux of this entire post.

The question remains. Can humans tell the difference between one commercially available oil and another within the same grade? That is the crux of this entire post.
There have been plenty of threads on this board where people claim they can. I'd tend to believe them rather than telling them all it was "just your imagination". I've heard engine noise level differences with different oils too ... so guess I'm crazy too. 😂

There have been plenty of threads on this board where people claim they can. I'd tend to believe them rather than telling them all it was "just your imagination". I've heard engine noise level differences with different oils too ... so guess I'm crazy too. 😂
You give the people of BITOG much more credit than I do - >50% here are certifiably nuts with mental illness centered on engine oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back