killer Price on M1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be old news but just picked up a 5 qt jug of M1 0w40 at the local Walmart for $22.47 was so cheap I'm going back to by 2 more!

Jeff

Where I live its very rarely found in 5 qt jugs and at local stores sells for $10 a qt!

1st time I've seen this oil at my local Walmart

Jeff

Last edited:
It still carries the same approvals so I doubt the chemistry was changed too much. Thank theEPA for any changes they probably had to do. Still meets the standardsi need though and for the price you just can't beat it.

Rounded up, it's $25 per jug here in the local WMT, Hawaii, but they're flying off the shelves like crazy. Good thing I got one already for my next OCI.

In June NAPA will have the quarts on sale for around $7. I've been using it to top off my Mag1 Euro 5W-40 and I'm noticing less oil consumption and more responsiveness just after start up. My car was using around a qt/1k miles with just Mag1. Now with just a qt of M1 in there, it's only consuming 1/2 qt. Can't wait for next oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Thank theEPA for any changes they probably had to do.

Comments like this really drag the forum down.

I saw this when I stopped at WM last week and am thinking of picking up a few jugs.
What is the consensus on using this oil in a Cruze 1.4T (after warranty of course)?

Jeff -I saw that price the other day and picked up 2 jugs. It's a good price on a great oil. I might not hoard/stock up at that price, but I did buy my next oil change.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
A great product and price....however, some claim they have cheapened the base oil?

The US made SN oil is now GP III based.
It's still the benchmark 40wt oil from which all others are compared and found wanting to some extent.

It also produces a spectacular heavy 0W-20 and 0W-30 when blended with the Mobil made TGMO 0W-20.

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Thank theEPA for any changes they probably had to do.

Considering the product is not designed for the average API/ILSAC regime type vehicle and it's not even an ILSAC resource conserving grade, I cannot see how.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I saw this when I stopped at WM last week and am thinking of picking up a few jugs.
What is the consensus on using this oil in a Cruze 1.4T (after warranty of course)?

Too heavy, but cut 50% with TGMO 0W-20 it would good.
If TGMO is to dear then substituting M1 0W-20 in a 45/55% blend would be a secondary choice.

Does anyone have any idea IF Sino Mart is going to hold the curent price point for the nectar of the Gods for the foreseeable future??

I cannot buy it right at the moment, but I may want to use it for my winter OCI blended with a light, high VI 0W-20 in late October.
wink.gif

I don't know for sure but it is on Rollback. I have never seen Wal-Mart Rollup its price. Supply is another story. No harm stocking up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back