Kia Stinger

You lucky dog. I think they are very cool cars and would love to have one, but I just got a '19 Sorento with the same V6 minus the two turbos. I've been running Shell RGT 5-W30. Maybe next car will be a Stinger, or a Golf R. Anyway, tell us how you like it.

Your QSD is very similar to the RGT I believe.

Next oil change I'll be going back to QSUD. Hoping Walmart will have the SP jugs by then. As of today they still have SN+.

I just got a 2020 Stinger wigh the 3.3L V6 Twin Turbo. Whivh Oil woild you recommend? Currently using Quaker State Ultimate Durability Synthetic 5W30.
What does the manual say?
Off the cuff I'd say 5W40 because of the turbo also for the same reason I'd not do xtended OCIs

M1 ESP 5w30 or Pennzoil 5w40 would be my choice, since their formulation is good for turbos. Pennzoil is an SN+ oil and helps with LSPI. I think M1/Castrol 0w40 can also be recommended, but I’m a bit skeptical about high Calcium levels.

Great car, congratulations.

Out of interest I looked up the Castrol and Valvoline lube guides for Australia. They both say to use a 5W30 that is rated ACEA A5/B5. So a top quality full synthetic 5W30.

I’m sure that would be fine for regular street driving. If I was tracking the car then I would step it up to a 40 grade oil that carries A3/B4 and Porsche A40.

What does the manual say?
Off the cuff I'd say 5W40 because of the turbo also for the same reason I'd not do xtended OCIs
stinger1.PNG

stinger2.PNG

Manual says Xw30 only, and 7L of it, I'd think the best choice would be what ever the cheapest full syn 5w30 is and change it every 3000mi as it recommended for severe service in the manual.

I would still choose high HTHS oil (C3 or A3/B4)...

From Slovenian manual....regular OCI is 10.000kms
View attachment 30821View attachment 30822
Regular Hyunkia OCIs are pretty much for people that drive on the highway non stop, if you drive in stop and go traffic or the car idles a significant amount then you have to consider that severe service, if it's more of a mix then go halfway between the severe service and regular OCI I guess, which would be around 4500mi ~7500km

I would counter the w40 recommendations and stick with a 0/5-w30, especially considering your location. I understand the desire to stick with something that it more sheer stable, but that can be found in a 30 weight. Something like PP Euro LX 0w-30 could be a good fit for you, if warranty isn't a concern.

Car is amazing. Looks, Features, Tech and Power at the peddle when needed. Between the Quaker State varieties, Ultimate Durability or Euro LX. Difference is a $1.

Back