KIA / Hyundai Map Updates

I finally decided to suck it up and pay up for map updates on my new-to-me '15 Sedona. Went on a road trip over the summer and hit a couple spots where roads had been reconfigured and had to rely on phone GPS.

I did a Google search on KIA navigation updates which directed me to a Windows software download. I had my credit card at the ready, entered in all the appropriate information about my vehicle and began the large 24gb download. I kept wondering at what point it would ask for my credit card. The update required a 32gb SD card (existing OEM card was only 16gb) which was no problem and the update to the nav unit was straightforward and trouble free. I about fell out of my chair when I realized it updated the nav software AND maps without costing me a penny.

I don't remember having Apple Carplay or Android Auto capability before but they are present in the menu now. Also included some audio customization features and reconfigured the sound menu with more options.

Color me impressed. Every other late model car with touchscreen NAV I've had in the past have cost a pretty penny (usually around $150) to update. Chrysler stopped releasing map updates for my '07 Pacifica in 2013 :(.

We update every hyundai including gps maps for free at every service. We get new maps 2 times per year. The update is a 2 part process for us, we have 1 card with the system update and do the map update on a computer.

Back