Kendall W / Liquid Titanium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanium as an additive is used by others. Like Steve said -- not revolutionary, just an alternative to some of the bigger names.

Kendall is a fairly large supplier.

Originally Posted By: M. Davis
Anyone have opinions on this oil? I am thinking of trying it.

You didn't specify syn or syn blend. However, I'm using Kendall GT-1 syn blend 5W-20 in my Veloster for DIY 5K/6 month OCIs...luv the titanium, moly, boron, 8.3 TBN formulation for my OCI choice in a moderate Pacific NW climate. I purchase by the case at my ConocoPhillips distributor $44.40 FOB dockside.

Basically, I consider the oil as a Motorcraft syn blend with added titanium for + wear additive. I used Motorcraft oils for many decades in current and previous vehicles with great satisfaction, so I reasoned that Kendall is an improved MC.

Kendall's label states "ConocoPhillips manufactures a family of quality lubricant products which may contain common formulations." A comparison of Kendall & MC UOAs seems to confirm that statement, but the titanium is a bonus.

Last edited:
There's been plenty of discussion over on the PCMO gas forum. I'd recommend a search there as well as the UOA forum. You'll find that it is generally well regarded. I've used the blend a few times because if I get lazy and have a car in the shop for other work, I'll let the Firestone boys change it and they use GT-1 blend as their base bulk oil change, which is pretty cool AFAIC.

Last edited:
I think most would agree Kendall's lubes are very good quality products. But then, so are most all the competitor lubes as well.

Liquid Titanium is a nice marketing phrase; makes for a very "manly" image. Really means little to nothing to me.

I judge a lube based upon the results it can provide, and then figure that into an ROI plan that results in the "best" choice for any particular scenario.

If you can get this lube at a good price, it's certainly a solid product that is worth using. But I would not go out of my way to find it, or pay any more for it than any other decent HDEO. I've not seen any evidence that it can perform any "better" than it's market competitors. So, with Kendall's performance on a par with it's market level, then price and availability should be the determining factor.

Thanks for all of the info. I am going to try the 15/40 in my 5.9 cummins. Can get it for 15.99 per gallon at flying J.

ConocoPhillips76Kendall oils are good. The Liquid Titanium does the same job as moly but at lower cost to the oil maker. Use it.

ZDDP puts a wear resistant high friction coating on the contact points of metal parts. ZDDP plus moly puts a wear resistant low friction coating on these points. ZDDP plus Afton Chemical's Liquid Titanium does the same job, according to Afton's patents, but costs less than moly.

Dunno-the "liquid titanium" sounds good in an ad-but let me know when it's cheaper than (and performs as well as) Delvac 1300! I haven't seen much Kendall in these parts, has been pricey when I've seen it.

Anybody know how much a gallon cost and where did you buy at ?

Originally Posted By: EricF
in some cases it's hard to find.. made by conoco-phillips.

I have seen the Liquid Titanium 15w40 oil in 2 places: Pilot Travel Centers and Firestone auto repair places. I didn't look for a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back