Kendall Semi-Synthetic question

Status
Not open for further replies.
since i have bought my truck 4.5 yrs ago i have used M1 for a few oil changes, valvoline synthetic for a few oil changes and now i have been using PP for a few oil changes.. my oci's are at min 6500 up to 7500 (this past oil change with PP it was 8k miles and i will get it to blackstone for a test since i have noticed no one does tests for the 3.4 v6)... my driving style is 75-80% interstate and the rest light to medium city driving.. i keep this truck well maintained.

i was at the toyota dealership near my house for my wife's car and saw they used the kendall semi synthetic. i asked how much for an oil change in my v6 taco and they said $35.95.. they grease the 9-12 grease fittings on the taco drive shafts every time as well.. seemed steep to me but incase i dont have time i was thinking i would pay for them to do it..

my question is. is kendall semi syn good? i have read that kendall is a pretty decent "bargain" oil but i have never used it nor do i know anything about kendall..

Originally Posted By: mikeg5
since i have bought my truck 4.5 yrs ago i have used M1 for a few oil changes, valvoline synthetic for a few oil changes and now i have been using PP for a few oil changes.. my oci's are at min 6500 up to 7500 (this past oil change with PP it was 8k miles and i will get it to blackstone for a test since i have noticed no one does tests for the 3.4 v6)... my driving style is 75-80% interstate and the rest light to medium city driving.. i keep this truck well maintained.

i was at the toyota dealership near my house for my wife's car and saw they used the kendall semi synthetic. i asked how much for an oil change in my v6 taco and they said $35.95.. they grease the 9-12 grease fittings on the taco drive shafts every time as well.. seemed steep to me but incase i dont have time i was thinking i would pay for them to do it..

my question is. is kendall semi syn good? i have read that kendall is a pretty decent "bargain" oil but i have never used it nor do i know anything about kendall..

Very good oil.It`d be my oil of choice if I had a dependable source.

Last edited:
called them back to see if it was the "liquid titanium" type GT-1 kendall semi and she said she was not sure. asked her if she would go check the bottle and of course they do not use the bottles they buy the 200 gallon drums of the stuff...

that being said is there a difference in what is in the bottle you buy at a store and the "bulk" oil you get at a dealership?

ok since i am bored at work i called kendall and asked if the bulk syn blend gt-1 oil is the same as the bottled oil and she verified that it SHOULD be.. lol

ok since i am bored at work i called kendall and asked if the bulk syn blend gt-1 oil is the same as the bottled oil and she verified that it SHOULD be.. lol

Kendall did have a blend before they came out with Liquid Titanium, so it is possible a bulk oil is the older oil....

Just look up Firestone they have very cheap deals on oil changes that use Kendall semi. You can get it as low as $9.00 after disc. They want you to put it on the lift so they can scam you on the $$$$$$ of work you need. Oil is ok but you can do as well with Advance deals DIY if not better like pyb on sale this month.

Kendall is made by ConocoPhillips. They also make Motor Craft oil for Ford. Kendall is a perfectly good oil and there is no reason not to use it with confidence.

Another vote for yes. Kendall is a pretty hard to find oil for the DIY crowd, I don't see their products in many stores.

It is a good Conoco Phillips product. They seem to focusing more on oil change shops than on retail packaging for the product.

The only place I used to be able to find it was a Valu Home Center home improvement store, now they no longer carry it.

Use with confidence!

I've seen Kendall in gas stations (ConocoPhillips stations) and on display at shops but I can't recall seeing it at a retail store. If you want a ConocoPhillips oil from a retail store, it's Motorcraft. They also make TropArtic but I haven't seen that around in years.

My local Autozone has Kendall GT-1 in 5w30, 10w30, 10w40, 20w50 and straight 50w. I was surprised to see it as I do not recall them ever stocking it before.

Last edited:
i wont need an oil change until close to spring so hopefully by then (assuming i do not change it myself). they will have the titanium mess. if they do not already have it.. i was just asking about kendall and their quality..

for the record i have not paid someone to change the oil in my truck EVER :) LOL... thanks fellas

Originally Posted By: blue94
I've seen Kendall in gas stations (ConocoPhillips stations) and on display at shops but I can't recall seeing it at a retail store. If you want a ConocoPhillips oil from a retail store, it's Motorcraft. They also make TropArtic but I haven't seen that around in years.

TropArtic is usually in different parts of the country. I see it out west, and in the south pretty frequently. It is at most walmarts in quart bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back