Kendall GT-1 Max Full Synthetic 5W-30 For Shop Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: vwalburn
http://www.kendallmotoroils.com/ is the cheapest right now with free shipping. PSC is about $5 more with shipping charge for a case. Thanks for the info!
Good catch! Weird its free shipping if ordering off the kendallmotoroils.com website, even though its all actually done through PSC anyway. So don't go directly to PSC's website, get it via Kendall's URL address instead.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I can get Kendall GT-1 synthetic 5W-30 for $3.58/qt everyday from one of my wholesale contacts. I've been considering just putting it in as our shop oil. We work on small block Chevrolets, fords, and Chryslers of all ages; big block Chevrolets, Fords and Chryslers of all ages; Ford vulcans, GM3800's, Chrysler V6's, and assorted domestic four cylinders. Occasionally we'll see a Honda, Toyota or Nissan in the shop. I was just wondering what the group thought about using this oil across the board.

Rural King stores are close to you in Florida. Therefore, order dexos1 Gen2 5w30 from them and they will ship to you. You'll end up paying something like $2.50 per quart for oil, after shipping costs, that has a high spec certification, usable in everything you see from Corvettes to Corollas. (Not German or Swedish cars though.)
Unless you want the marketing bragging rights to say "We Use Kendall", this Harvest King oil from Rural King is a better spec'ed oil for cheaper, a full synthetic with the official certification your customers can hang their hat on if they ask.

The more I think about it, the more I think I will be changing over to Kendall after the first of the year. The 5W-30 should cover all my bases nicely. Thanks for all the input.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Rural King stores are close to you in Florida. Therefore, order dexos1 Gen2 5w30 from them and they will ship to you. You'll end up paying something like $2.50 per quart for oil, after shipping costs, that has a high spec certification, usable in everything you see from Corvettes to Corollas. (Not German or Swedish cars though.)
Unless you want the marketing bragging rights to say "We Use Kendall", this Harvest King oil from Rural King is a better spec'ed oil for cheaper, a full synthetic with the official certification your customers can hang their hat on if they ask.

+1, here it is. You can also get a 5 qt jug for $10.

https://www.ruralking.com/oil-rk-full-synthetic-5w30-qt.html

Originally Posted By: Red91
Hmmm....is that the regular, everyday price?
Agreed the Harvest King dexos1 Gen2 oil would be the value decision. However, don't you want to hang a Kendall sign and lure customers in with using a name-brand oil like that? Maybe Kendall would win you more customers. I know shops have used the Pennzoil name and/or Mobil1 signs to impress customers. Frankly, the Harvest King oil, being officially certified by GM and the API, means its very good, but the name is far from sexy.

No one cares about name brands, at least none of our customers.
The name brand thing is really more my hang up, but if that is the everyday price on their synthetic dexos oil....and delivered. Wow. How is everyone not using this oil?

Name brand quality is a layer of quality to seperate your busisness from others. It depends on the clientel you would like to attract and keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back