Keep K&N or NOT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Can't chat and have a laugh on BITOG everyone is to busy measuring their own.... and giving classical BS in reply. Don't worry I will go lol.

5c7pol.jpg

What? Can't chat and have a laugh on BITOG everyone is to busy measuring their own.... and giving classical BS in reply. Don't worry I will go lol.
So you said no filter was fine anecdotally because everyone does it, but when called out on it you're just "chatting and having a laugh?"

The only thing being measured here is the mound of horse ****.

18 pages...it's getting close...I knew it couldn't go on forever....the may go down as the most legendary K&N thread in BITOG history!

So original, how old are you, obviously have no idea what's going on in the world these days mate. Lol don't let the door... hahahaha. You only talk in clichés mate. Quick get all your mates so you feel better and can rationalize your behaviour because you got embarrassed and didn't think before you typed. Oh that's right you did but thought you should be an a hole anyway.
I thought you were leaving?

Well excuse us if we don't side with your anecdotal "evidence."

Show me a white paper that says filtration doesn't matter and I'll come around.

K&N? Fine. No filter? No way.
Those cars must have the optional extra hard wear resistant cast iron cylinders and alloy pistons. :LOL:

Talk about killing the messenger, I told you about it and you blame me. I run a K&N filter on my 650HP Falcon with a turbo lol. It seems you lot have issues with intake air not just the K&N itself...

I converted all my K&N equipped vehicles back to regular paper except the one's that already had a cold air intake in which I will be returning them to stock as well. My opinion is having more dirt combined with oil on the MAF for a possible 5hp increase only at MAX RPM is not a good trade off for me. K&N is basically a 1950's technology and I don't welcome it anymore....I used to be a believer but not anymore after seeing proof of more dirt past the filters and higher silicon on UOA's. I'll grab that 5hp another way.

I converted all my K&N equipped vehicles back to regular paper except the one's that already had a cold air intake in which I will be returning them to stock as well. My opinion is having more dirt combined with oil on the MAF for a possible 5hp increase only at MAX RPM is not a good trade off for me. K&N is basically a 1950's technology and I don't welcome it anymore....I used to be a believer but not anymore after seeing proof of more dirt past the filters and higher silicon on UOA's. I'll grab that 5hp another way.
Are these your UOAs?

You folks can have the 2hp from a K&N,,,I threw all mine away years ago after seeing lots of dust in intake piping. And I have seen lots of denied warr. claims at the dealer, over dusted diesels. Just did one last week! 19 ram 2500...25k miles...In with a low boost and filter restriction codes. Filter fits box perfect, but is only about half the height as OEM. Dust all over MAF screen and MAF itself. Cleaned MAF, put in OEM filter. Didnt get in as far as looking at turbo blades, but ill bet tips are tore up as they usually are. Billed cust for time(he expected warr. ) and warned him, if code reoccurs, its gonna be on his dime, as Chrysler will want pics. ......He was back today......said he got a "low boost pressure " warning on dash. No stored or pending codes. He declined to go further at this time. If we get into it further, i'll post more pics😀
20210528_084406.jpg
20210528_084402.jpg

You folks can have the 2hp from a K&N,,,I threw all mine away years ago after seeing lots of dust in intake piping. And I have seen lots of denied warr. claims at the dealer, over dusted diesels. Just did one last week! 19 ram 2500...25k miles...In with a low boost and filter restriction codes. Filter fits box perfect, but is only about half the height as OEM. Dust all over MAF screen and MAF itself. Cleaned MAF, put in OEM filter. Didnt get in as far as looking at turbo blades, but ill bet tips are tore up as they usually are. Billed cust for time(he expected warr. ) and warned him, if code reoccurs, its gonna be on his dime, as Chrysler will want pics. ......He was back today......said he got a "low boost pressure " warning on dash. No stored or pending codes. He declined to go further at this time. If we get into it further, i'll post more pics😀View attachment 59832View attachment 59833
Doesn't even look oiled that filter, I get way more than 2HP I'm running 50% more power than stock, the standard paper filter wont flow anything near that.

Its a huge thing there are literally 100000's of people doing it. I wouldn't do it but I haven't heard of any real disasters from doing it either and I know a lot of people involved in tuning etc

If you've heard of a "dusted" diesel, then you know what the implications are of feeding an engine unfiltered air.

Plenty (most?) boats don't have air filters, usually just a flame arrestor, but they don't see dusty conditions.

Even the car in front of you kicking up some dust from the road could cause significant turbine damage in one of these examples you've given, which is why it's something usually reserved for the drag strip and why commercial turbo engines have huge and extremely efficient filters, like say the Donaldson PowerCore for example.
Doesn't even look oiled that filter, I get way more than 2HP I'm running 50% more power than stock, the standard paper filter wont flow anything near that.
Then use a filter/airbox setup off something that makes similar power, like a Hellcat or CTS-V.

Bit late to this one @OVERKILL I have already had warnings and posts taken down because everyone decided to shoot the messenger. I was just informing members on here that it was done. Also, not many Australian street cars making nearly 700rwhp on e85, doubt there are many American ones either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back