Kazuma 110cc Viper motorcycle - Oil help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a Kazuma Viper 110cc mini moto from my kid to learn to ride on. Oil is pretty dirty and no owner's manual. Please help in what oil to use and where the filter is?

I'd guess that probably a Honda clone engine in your bike, if so any good 10w40 motorcycle oil will work well as will any 15w40 diesel oil. Probably doesn't have a filter. If it doesn't have a magnetic drain plug, pick one up for it, always gives me piece-of-mind on a machine with no filter.

The latest Chinese 110cc's I've seen (and owned) will spec 15w40 right on the chassis name-plate. Obviously a HD/aircooled or motorcycle 10w40 would be good too. They run hot because they're only cooled when your in motion. There's no oil filter on them. Also be sure to not accidentally add oil to the plug on the stator cavity. You wouldn't believe how many have done that. The oil fill has the dipstick.

Be careful with the oil drain plug. Don't remove the bottom plug that sets at an angle. That plug is for the timing chain tensioner. Not a big deal if you pull it, just put the parts back in, in the order they came out (spring and shim, etc). The drain plug is the one facing straight down.

Joel

Owners manual are hard to find for this bike - any suggestions for compatible honda models???

Originally Posted By: mehere
Owners manual are hard to find for this bike - any suggestions for compatible honda models???

Kazuma was a very popular 'brand' some years ago, but chances of finding a manual that totally specific to your make/model won't happen. All the Chinese import bikes/ATVs are very generic. All you need is a generic 110cc manual. I may have a *.pdf to email you, or you can go here: Generic 110cc engine service manual

Joel

Thanks - U people rock!!!! I am a backyard mechanic - the blind leading the blind in my case!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back