kawaski sxr 800 jetski 2 stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee - oil keeps going up so...

ref: kawasak sxr 800 2 cyn 2 stoke

A 2 stroke stock pwc max rpm 6500 - i ride say 4000 - 5500 all day long... seriouly hours and hours, 4 - 5, following wake boats.. I know some who have yamaha's and do a few tricks on thier not stock skis.. but they only last less then an hour.. Anyway.

I now have 2 SXR's the 2010 is still NEW.. Have been using royal purple.. At first the dealer talked into Motul back in 2004.. But I thought it was way overkill for my application and $$$$$..

Royal Purple is now 11.50 +/- a quart.. Was at Academy and they have Pennsoil marine plus semi syn for $18.00 a gallon, then the quicksilver for $19.00 +/- gallon, Yamalube M semi syn is $30.00 and at the bike shop yama lube W is $32.00 .. Just want a good quality oil syn for a good price point.. I am trying not to be brand driven - just a quality oil.. Oo Kwasaki has stated from the start on the SXR 800 in 2004 to run at 60:1, at first I did with Motul and then 55:1 with Royal Purple, but now I run at 50:1 with Royal Purple, been 6 years, pulled the top and can see cross hone marks so royal did me well - butothers could have too. I don't know..

I used to buy gallon jugs of Itaska marine 2-stroke from Wally for my Kawasaki and Yamaha PWC. That was years ago though. They ran like a top on it and smoked very little.

Joel

I use Amsoil HPI Injector oil at 50:1. My cost is $27 a gallon and I am happy to pay that because like some other quality oils, it is really taking care of the motor. It burns really clean, doesn't foul plugs, and dropped the running temp of my motor 25 degrees F (IR thermometer proven).

Not sure if you are asking for an alternative to RP or not, but at $11.50 a qt ($46 a gallon), I'd consider finding an alternative.

I use Pennsoil marine plus semi syn in my 95 sxi and 99 sxipro i love it had the jetskis sens new you can buy it at a lot of places ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back