K24 synblend choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Hello,

New to me 07 Accord. Presently running Mobil Super 5k. Just curious if anyone has bounced around between other blends, and found any particular brand (thinking QSGB) that runs a bit 'quieter' in this application. Obviously not a life/death issue, just curious....

Thanks in advance.

Quieter? 5W30 of your choice.

I have 400K miles on the Honda 2.4L engine with 5W30 and I am convinced its the way to go, assuming its not utterly freezing in your area.

I’ve run Valvoline blend 5w20 or Full Syn 0w20 in mine for years , it seems quieter than the Mobil Super Syn I run in my wife’s MDX

Formula Shell 5w30 at Home Depot for $13 or so runs nice and quiet.

If you want to upgrade a little then Castrol Magnatec 5w30 at Walmart for $17.88 on sale right now. Normal price is $19.88 and is a fully synthetic oil.

I'd just try the Shell oil and see what you think of it.

If you hear a good bit of valvetrain noise the valves may need to be adjusted. Easy to do on that engine.

Go full synthetic. Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W20 is whisper quiet in my Accord,and it's dirt cheap.

Unless you can get synthetic blend on sale, its not much of a deal. I would go with Pennzoil Platinum 0w20. Quiet and smooth and at a good price. Let's be real though, these K24's will run on just about anything.

My mom had a K24 powered crv for a while so I have tried a few oils in those. By far hands down the most impressive oil I have used in one was Castrol Magnatec Synblend, 5W30. I have tried a few after that and nothing has been quite that smooth.

My brother's wife's 07 Accord K24 gets Quaker State dino 5W20. And her car runs crazy smooth,much smoother than his Accord K24 coupe which gets Valvoline 5W20 dino.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
My brother's wife's 07 Accord K24 gets Quaker State dino 5W20. And her car runs crazy smooth,much smoother than his Accord K24 coupe which gets Valvoline 5W20 dino.

What year is his Accord? It could be an 03 since that's when they came out with more miles on it and in need of preventative maintenance.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

What year is his Accord? It could be an 03 since that's when they came out with more miles on it and in need of preventative maintenance.

His is an 07 as well. Hers a sedan and his a coupe.

I have a 5 qt jug of Havoline 5/30, which I think I'll be switching to in late March. I used the Mobil Super 5k, since I have 5 jugs of it (Tahoe 5.3).

After the Havoline, I think it will probably be either Formula Shell or QSGB...whatever is cheaper at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back