K&N Select Oil Filter

I was logged in at Walmart on the first link.

Last edited:
This explains the $3 PS-1010 blowout recently-the SO must be the replacement. K&N will not respond to efficiency questions, nor will Champ Labs (I asked both about the PS, only got canned responses), so you’ll be left with conjecture & extrapolation on these.

I think I saw these on amazon. My buddy wanted to buy one for his new Subaru crosstrek.
I said NO when I saw the base plate; I knew what it was. Not a traditional champ labs but the dreaded E-core,
A four dollar filter at best. Don't like those cages with sharp edges.
Non professional review on YT ringing the cash register.
So what is the application? Cant you say Its a Motorcraft FL1A equivalent?
He couldn't say that the can was 23ga. ?
I don't like this gasket. Why?
Gage: you definitely get better oil flow with this. Really?
(I betcha do when the media gets torn open against the plastic core in the winter!)
I do give him props for measuring filter area.

O.K. I;m being way to harsh. We all like to gander at filters

Nothing inherently wrong with Ecore construction, especially the newer, smaller window ones; but, there’s no way on Earth it’s worth $9.99! A standard Extra Guard filter has higher efficiency for around 1/3 the price.

These are called the pro series and have been out for a long time. Same E core but don't say 20k miles.
Just under $4.
20210901_103712_HDR(1).jpg

Interestingly, K&N keeps changing what they call these, and other than the price increasing (kind of exponentially from sub $4 all the way up to $9.99), there’s no way to tell if they’re worth 2.5 times as much or not! They really don’t appear different, other than the box, and there’s ZERO information on them.

Interestingly, K&N keeps changing what they call these, and other than the price increasing (kind of exponentially from sub $4 all the way up to $9.99), there’s no way to tell if they’re worth 2.5 times as much or not! They really don’t appear different, other than the box, and there’s ZERO information on them.
They dont post their filtration numbers, but expect people to pay premium price for them.

Hi all. I just stumbled upon this new oil filter available at Walmart.
My guess is that it's a clone of the Mobil 1 filter with a different paint job-20,000 miles, 99% at 30 microns, even the same price. I may try one. It looks cool anyway ;-)
Just bought 1 along w/ jug Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 for our '19 Escape SEL AWD w/ Gen2 - 1.5L TGDI. Usually run OEM motorcraft filters religiously but this was on sale @7.99 & figured give it a try. I don't sway on motor oil .. both daily drivers get PUP tho occasionally I will try another filter. Anyone have an opinion on this filter? If you've used it.. how long you run it & what oil used? Thanks .
Made in china?
I believe it's made in USA 🇺🇸 but have to look again.

This explains the $3 PS-1010 blowout recently-the SO must be the replacement. K&N will not respond to efficiency questions, nor will Champ Labs (I asked both about the PS, only got canned responses), so you’ll be left with conjecture & extrapolation on these.
Said 99% @30 microns on its info section from Walmart.com figured that's plenty fine on a good runnin, clean motor! Won't see over 6k mis anyhow. It's for a '19 Escape SEL AWD w/ Gen2- 1.5L TGDI. Ive run PUP in this SUV since 1st oil change. Has 40k mis approx. Always smooth & efficient. I average 31mpg or more.

I've noticed that too. They havin trouble finding their marketing niche. Don't doubt it's a well made oil filter ..tho no K&N product is inexpensive by any means! Pd $7.99 so will try it out for 6k mis . 99% efficient @30 microns.

Back