K&N pro vs Napa gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Honda Pilot 2007 which filter is good Napa gold 7356 vs K&N pro 1010 which is good for 5000-6500 miles?

I have no personal experience with the K&N, however based on anecdote posted of Champ made HP1010 and personal experience with the 7356, I'd think either would be fine for that oci/fci and application. Linked is the last 7356 I used on Honda vehicle. Several others before it, same results. Because of personal use experience with the 7356 and solid beta efficiency rating I'd favor it. Practically speaking though, least expensive will get the job done.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5074728/napa-gold-7356-c-p-7100-mi

I have a 2005 Odyssey, same engine, same filter and oil requirements. I would run either without hesitation. In Georgia I would also run 5w30 come spring/summer vs the spec'd 5w20 for that model. I stocked up on K&N PS1010's when they were on sale for like $3 from Amazon.

Originally Posted by Toh1
I have Honda Pilot 2007 which filter is good Napa gold 7356 vs K&N pro 1010 which is good for 5000-6500 miles?

FRAM Orange Can or Supertech will do their jobs well for 5000- 6500 miles. Since you listed NAPA the ProSelect is also a great candidate.

Almost any decent name brand will do that interval with no problem, even Napas basic. However, my personal preference would be a Gold over the K.

I agree I have Napa gold for 3.6 when Napa run 50% off of gold filter and now see k&n go amazon on $4. I have few jugs of 5w20 or 0w20 the. Will go for 5w30

Just as follow up my reference to K&N was to the HP series 1010 not the Pro Series 1010 which appears to be ~$4 Amazon price. My error. Looking at Amazon the latter filter looks to be the shorty 6607 size not the spec 7317. Amazon comments and reviews also tend to confirm that observation. A one star review in later 2019 says China coo, which is not the same as the current HP series. I don't know much about the PS series, but if information true, between the two the 7356 would be my choice.

I have used both and would recommend Napa Gold (rebranded WIX). I cannot recommend K&N at all, they may still be using a nitrile ADBV and I had one fail on me a while back.

I haven't seen a nitrile K&N HP in the past 13 blue moons.,,,,lol
Even all the K&N PS Series I've looked at has Silicone. The issue I have is with their media trapping power. For the brand is known as a racing oil filters that's design to be pro-flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back