K&N motor oil

OK, I just had to look this up. Silicon comes from sand. Silicone is the synthetic rubbery substance. So there's a big difference.
Right the element silicon is what the analysis measures, and if it’s from sand that’s originally silicon dioxide or silica. There’s never elemental silicon going in the engine from any source. Unless it’s sucking in its own electronics but then you have a bigger problem.

If it is PennGrade (formally Brad Penn), i commend them for staying with a US product and not going with one of the majors. There's plenty K&N bashing on here but i'm one of those who likes the company.

Props for sticking with something that you yourself believe in 👍

I've never been the type to run with the crowd myself, hence one of the reasons I use Schaeffer's 😉

I have owned 4 of the series 2 Nissan Titans. They tend to be a little noisy until the engine is fully warmed up. Along with other brands, I used Ams SS a couple of times, and it tended to burn it. I tried K&N 0W20 and the engine is quiet cold and does not burn any for the 4-5,000 duration. I use it with the HP1010 oil filter.

Ordered 1 gal. jug and some single qts. last week. Ordering it this qualified for some sort of discount and it was cheaper to get it this way directly from K&N vs. ordering two 1 gal. jugs.

Back