Just waving...If it were me, I'd hope I'm wearing my brown pants...

I can’t watch this and not think “instead of recording why don’t you try to get the truck driver’s attention in an attempt to save a persons life?”

Ahh society…

Last edited:
On I-294 in Chicago? I can just imagine the driving habits of that car before going under. The trucker probably thought 'Well, you drive like that, this is what you get.' Zero f's given that day.

On I-294 in Chicago? I can just imagine the driving habits of that car before going under. The trucker probably thought 'Well, you drive like that, this is what you get.' Zero f's given that day.
regardless doesn't justify dragging someone...life is more important and always should be, immediately make sure that everyone is okay.

You can't convince me the truck driver didn't know he was dragging that car. The semi drivers who pick up from us have told me they know immediately when something has hit them or they've hit something, despite the size and weight of the rig.

You can't convince me the truck driver didn't know he was dragging that car. The semi drivers who pick up from us have told me they know immediately when something has hit them or they've hit something, despite the size and weight of the rig.
exactly...even if the car driver is at fault, dragging them is pretty much with the intention of causing harm.

I think there are plenty of wheel jockey's out there in today's environment that shouldn't be driving commercial vehicles. That said, driving truck is a not for the faint of heart and many folks are good at it, tolerate a lot of crap and deserve some credit. Other's not so much!

A quick story to give you my assessment above. I was pulling my camper from Iowa to Minnesota this fall on a 4 lane highway north of Waterloo. I passed a straight truck doing about 65MPH. As I came under an overpass I noticed a DOT officer coming onto the highway. He gets on the highway and proceeds to follow this straight truck with his lights on for 5 miles. The truck did not pull over. I watched in my mirror as the officer was straddling the lane to get the drivers attention with lights going. After 5 miles I had gained some distance on the truck but could still see the officer struggling behind me. I decided to slow down and try to help the office out. It wasn't until the truck decided to change lanes to pass me that he saw the DOT officer in his rearview mirror and pulled to the shoulder. This probably took about 7 or 8 miles for this officer to get a truck pulled over. Who drives a vehicle for that far and doesn't check their mirror's, especially a commercial vehicle or someone towing? This is what is on the road today folks. Please be careful!

just my $0.02

Back