Just Purchased Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II SUV/Crossover

Arriving today four Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II for my 2wd Colorado. 265/60-18 Normally I'm a DTD or Tire Rack person, but WalMArt had them for around $20 bucks apiece less and of course free shipping. DTD may have price matching, but I did not bother. Replacing Michelin Defender LTX/MS which were great. They area a little harsh nearing the end of the tread depth, but nonetheless been a great tire. Just wanted to try the Pirelli's. I don't off road with this truck. It's used to pull a small travel trailer a few times a year.

ae34eff6-4892-481d-b0e5-e300378c7aa2_1.72d066a0e347f99565e4322427ae20f7.jpeg

I have the OE versions (not Plus II) on my 2019 Grand Cherokee.
Quiet, decent handling. I would buy them again when these wear out.
The only issue so far is they do tend to set overnight, and there is a small vibration the first mile or so until they rollout.

I was debating between these Pirellis and Conti CrossContact LX25 for wife's Q5. Both were highly rated on TR. I ended up ordering the LX25 as I've had good luck with Contis in the past - getting them installed today.

Originally I was going to go with another "Highway All Season" tire and really almost went with the Conti Terrain Contact H/T.
But decided to go with a Crossover/SUV tire. But for my purpose, it's probably not much difference. Hoping the Pirellis will give a nice quite ride and provide decent traction.

They are a great tire for the money, but in my limited experience, the tread life is not spectacular. CR testing confirms this.

They are a great tire for the money, but in my limited experience, the tread life is not spectacular. CR testing confirms this.

That was my experience on my 2016 SRT, they wore quickly, though not as quickly as the 3-season ones I have now.

These tires are asymmetrical. The inner/outer lettering on the tires is very very small. Then I noticed they have a thin red and blue line around the circumference of the tire on the OUTSIDE. Is this to make it foolproof for the tire installer to make sure he/she mounts the tire in the proper orientation?

I rotated those at each oil change and my sister-in-law got 70k (right to the wear bar indictor)out of those OE tires on a 2019 Durango GT. Four tire plugs later as a mater of fact too, seeing that I rotated them and plugged them:rolleyes:. They replaced them with Michelin's Defender LTX's a month or two ago. She drives a lot, hockey mom and vacation vehicle.

We have had these on our Honda Odyssey for about a week and are very happy with them. They ride smooth, are quiet and provide obviously improved handling vs the worn out Firestones they replaced.

These tires are asymmetrical. The inner/outer lettering on the tires is very very small. Then I noticed they have a thin red and blue line around the circumference of the tire on the OUTSIDE. Is this to make it foolproof for the tire installer to make sure he/she mounts the tire in the proper orientation?
No it's just factory markings for internal tracking.

Drove 70 miles on a county highway thru a horrendous coastal storm front complete with confirmed waterspouts and probable microbursts. Some sections of road were flooded. Tires performance in these particular conditions reminded me of Goodyear Aquatreads of the early 90s and Tripletreads of 2010. In a word, magnificent. On dry surfaces these Pirellis handle better and are much quieter though.

Back