Just purchased a 2017 Jaguar F-Type S V6

What was wrong with normal door handles? They look cool and all, but is there an aerodynamic benefit or something over traditional handles?

I pity the person that has to fight that the next morning after a good coating of freezing rain--- something OP doesn't have to deal with :)
I think it's an added feature "to enticed the buyers ;)

@Cujet , I have three questions about the ZF8, if you could indulge me:
i) does the transmission have downshift rev-matching?;
ii) does it have "range select" control or does it have full manual control? (Just to explain a bit: "Range Select" control operates in a fully-automatic manner, but you select the highest gear it can attain. Think of it like an old-school transmission quadrant of D4, D3, D2, and D1; if you put it in D3 it'll automatically shift from first to second to third only). Range Select versus full-manual is what I prefer in an A/T; and
iii) does the transmission have a "normal" mode versus a "sport" mode (the latter of which does not seek to upshift so inexorably, and doesn't take much coaxing to pull down a gear or two).
Thank you - if I could presume to have you- or anyone answer my questions.

Last edited:
@Cujet , I have three questions about the ZF8, if you could indulge me:
i) does the transmission have downshift rev-matching?;
ii) does it have "range select" control or does it have full manual control? (Just to explain a bit: "Range Select" control operates in a fully-automatic manner, but you select the highest gear it can attain. Think of it like an old-school transmission quadrant of D4, D3, D2, and D1; if you put it in D3 it'll automatically shift from first to second to third only). Range Select versus full-manual is what I prefer in an A/T; and
iii) does the transmission have a "normal" mode versus a "sport" mode (the latter of which does not seek to upshift so inexorably, and doesn't take much coaxing to pull down a gear or two).
Thank you - if I could presume to have you- or anyone answer my questions.
It does have some form of rev-matching. If only for effect.
I don't think it has range select. But it does have a sport mode which runs the RPM way up, a dynamic mode which is ideal for spirited driving with faster shifts and shift point improvements, and of course the paddle shifters, which allow and will hold any reasonable gear selection.

I've driven many very high end sports cars/supercars. The automatic on this car is right up there in control and feel. It does exactly what you want and it does so very quickly.

Last edited:
Back