Just had some Mohave CUV tires installed on our ‘22 Crosstrek

They look like good all season tires, but I don't see enough sipes or slush clearing tread pattern to be get the snow tire rating? Do you need the snow tire rating to avoid chaining up on some roads in the mountains in the winter?
In California... for passenger vehicles, you just need AWD/4WD and M+S tires to avoid most chain control conditions. Only in the most severe R3 condition, everyone needs to chain up, including Subarus

Looks like they are 1TB plant code which aligns with other Mohave CUV tires I can spot on a Google image search. 1TB is Sentury Tire Ltd in Thailand, so a pretty typical "private label" branding exercise from a budget manufacturer (these are an exclusive Discount Tire line - can't buy them new anywhere else). I'm not sure they're using "All Weather" branding in a respectable way, as these are definitely not 3PMSF-rated. Note that, as with many private label lines, different models may come from completely different manufacturers. Mavis sources tires from Kumho, Hankoook, and several other lower-tier manufacturers for their Mavis Traction lines, depending on size and use case.

Wheel designs which I dislike send me to a bad place.
I can't believe people go for them...no, wait....I can't believe customers haven't communicated their collective rejection of the weight and expense of such shoddy "art".

Or....do people who aren't of BITOGers' practical, tasteful ilk, actually like them?

All I can see is showroom bling designed to awaken fatigued car shoppers.

Sidewall designs come and go. Those are particularly busy.
Best of luck with your new tires.
I doubt they are much heavier due to the design, although they seem to be quite heavy! 28-30lbs
It seems sometimes manufacturers go for lightweight and other times not, often OEM alloys are no lighter than steel wheels.
My Outback came with steel rims so for lighter simpler cheap wheels for the Outback, I went with some used OEM 17" 2006 mazda3 wheels which are around 24lbs, the steelies are 28lbs
mazda3 wheel.jpg

Been daily driving and some up in the foothills. Feel just as good as the OEM tires we removed. Will update after some more miles.

Back