Just had some Mohave CUV tires installed on our ‘22 Crosstrek

My wife racked up 40k mi. on this thing already! Mohave’s look pretty decent. Made in UK I believe. We’ll see how they do. I inspected the brake pads and had them inflate the spare to proper psi. 225/55R18 All Weather tires were $626.96 OTD.
IMG_7052.jpeg
IMG_7053.jpeg
IMG_7054.jpeg
IMG_7051.jpeg

with big names come big $$$ so trying off the wall tires is worth it. got my first set of Kumhos waiting as they were $100 less than the cooper snow tires currently in use + as noted time will tell!!

My wife racked up 40k mi. on this thing already! Mohave’s look pretty decent. Made in UK I believe. We’ll see how they do. I inspected the brake pads and had them inflate the spare to proper psi. 225/55R18 All Weather tires were $626.96 OTD.View attachment 179610View attachment 179611View attachment 179612View attachment 179613
How do you like them so far? As I type this I’m 50:50 on buying these tires for our Explorer. We have winter tires for the cold season, the Mohave’s would just be for 3-seasons.

with big names come big $$$ so trying off the wall tires is worth it. got my first set of Kumhos waiting as they were $100 less than the cooper snow tires currently in use + as noted time will tell!!
Yeah the next set I was considering were like another $200+ for brand name. I figure it’s not like we’re road racing or climbing mountains with thing lol! Mostly just commuting to see her patients. Although we will take it to Tahoe a couple times for sure during the winter.

How do you like them so far? As I type this I’m 50:50 on buying these tires for our Explorer. We have winter tires for the cold season, the Mohave’s would just be for 3-seasons.
I think they’ll be good for the price and their purpose. Also, nice their warranty is by Discount Tire/America’s Tire.

Subaru thinks it’s necessary to stick 30+ pounds of unsprung weight per corner with rims that are an acquired taste at best.
Wheel designs which I dislike send me to a bad place.
I can't believe people go for them...no, wait....I can't believe customers haven't communicated their collective rejection of the weight and expense of such shoddy "art".

Or....do people who aren't of BITOGers' practical, tasteful ilk, actually like them?

All I can see is showroom bling designed to awaken fatigued car shoppers.

Sidewall designs come and go. Those are particularly busy.
Best of luck with your new tires.

They look like good all season tires, but I don't see enough sipes or slush clearing tread pattern to be get the snow tire rating? Do you need the snow tire rating to avoid chaining up on some roads in the mountains in the winter?

Wheel designs which I dislike send me to a bad place.
I can't believe people go for them...no, wait....I can't believe customers haven't communicated their collective rejection of the weight and expense of such shoddy "art".

Or....do people who aren't of BITOGers' practical, tasteful ilk, actually like them?

All I can see is showroom bling designed to awaken fatigued car shoppers.

Sidewall designs come and go. Those are particularly busy.
Best of luck with your new tires.
I like simple rims

shopping.jpeg

Back