Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some deep cleaning
lol.gif
crazy2.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_T83uvw_K8

Originally Posted By: sunfire

\

I'm going to try a gallon of boiling water through a basketball needle next time.

Why boiling water? The low pressure in the manifold may cause the water to start boiling anyways. I think the carbon is removed when the water turns into vapor. If the water is already in the vapor state (steam), it might not work as good. I wouldn't know whether hot, cold, or room temperature water would work better, but I would just stick to room temp water. I do know that more carbon is removed by water when the engine is under a heavier load like going up a steep hill, in low gear, with a lot of weight in you vehicle. I use to have an Edelbrock Vera-jection and my pistons always look new.

I used boiling water because people in this thread recommended it. I think it's to help the water droplets evaporate faster since the water is already hot.

The guy in the Amsoil PI presentation said that carbon deposits are very "dry". Once the deposits comes into contact with water they tend to flake off. So I didn't think water droplets or vapor makes much of a difference. However, water vapor injected through a hand steamer would distribute the water more evenly through the intake manifold to each valve/cylinder.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: c3po
How would you guys do this WATER DECARBONIZATION on a car with a Carburetor.

That is easy. A windex bottle filled with very hot water sprayed into the carb engine at full operating temps. Spray and rev the engine, I'd use a qt of water for starters and see. Do it before an OCI.

That did NOT work for my lawn mower. As soon as I sprayed the stream of water in the carb throat, it died promptly. It took many retries to get it started.

- Vikas

Last edited:
Big difference between a mower and a SB Chevy engine. For my mower I used a small syringe. You might have drowned the engine :).

Originally Posted By: Vikas
That did NOT work for my lawn mower. As soon as I sprayed the stream of water in the carb throat, it died promptly. It took many retries to get it started.

- Vikas

As has been said a million times in this thread - don't use too much. A lawnmower is not going to require (or be able to handle) much of a stream of water. You should basically hear a slight effect of the water on combustion but it shouldn't kill the combustion. Second you have to make sure the engine is very hot. It's the flashing to steam that makes the cleaning work. If it's done on a cold engine it'll probably just stall.

Water Injection has been used for a long time in Hi-Perf Turbo engines, Actually it cools down the Intake temp in even intercooled Turbocharged engines.

When I Was in to Turbo Saabs This was a common mod, But instead of pure water most systems were directly hooked up to the Windshield Washer Fluid Container. A separate small Pump would then feed the fluid in to the Pipe coming out from the Intercooler thru a small "Mist Nozzle" that was simply threaded on the Pipe.

Kept the Engine real clean too, You operated the whole thing with a switch from the cabin, And only used it for when you were really beating on the Turbo.

If I recall Correctly, Subaru's WRX STI had this from the Factory. (Or was It the Mitsubishi Evolution, not sure)

I think you are thinking of the intercooler mister, which sprayed washer fluid on the intercooler either automatically or manually. My EVO VIII does it manually.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: Bigsyke
I wrecked the o2 sensor doing this

doing what, using seafoam or water?

(you responded to the post above you about seafoam)
\I killed the O2 sensor on my pathfinder by injecting water via a small 1/8th vacuum hose.

I had to unplug the o2 sensor because the car would hesistate for about 3 seconds before doing anything. I could floor the gas pedal and the car would just bog and not increase in RPMs. This was instantly after i was done decarbing it, and restarted the engine.

Ive been driving around with out the o2 now for some time now- 6mpg, but it drives fine.

This is one thing I probably wont ever do to any of my other cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back