Just changed my CVT fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 Nissan Rogue that just hit the 60K mile mark so my warranty is over for my transmission. I did a drain and fill at the 40k mile mark with the factory fluid. This time I used the Amsoil CVT fluid plus 1 quart I had left of the factory fluid. I have enough to do 2 more drain and fills. So at this time I have 3 quarts of the Amsoil in there. I drain about 4.25 quarts at a time. I only took it for a little test drive of about 5 min but it does seem quieter and smoother. Looking forward to getting more of the Amsoil fluid in there.

No filter just catch screen that I am aware of.....and 10.9 quarts

Thank you...I have always thought that transmission fluids is what Amsoil does best.

Amsoil costs as much as or more than the dealer. I'd use Castrol instead
smile.gif

I'm jealous in a way.

My friend has a 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander with 57K and he's overdue for CVT flush.

Always grousing about money, he's put it off and WON'T just buy Castrol/Amsoil/Amalie/etc. product because he says it'll void his warranty.

I've been wanting to do the job with him and feel the "before & after".

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Thank you...I have always thought that transmission fluids is what Amsoil does best.

Amsoil was almost half the price of the dealer stuff

Originally Posted By: Kira
I'm jealous in a way.

My friend has a 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander with 57K and he's overdue for CVT flush.

Always grousing about money, he's put it off and WON'T just buy Castrol/Amsoil/Amalie/etc. product because he says it'll void his warranty.

I've been wanting to do the job with him and feel the "before & after".

Tell your friend that as long as the fluid is compatible with the fluid type his transmisison calls for...which is DiaQueen CVTF-J4.
Did a cursory search:
Castrol Transmax is not spec'd
Amsoil & Valvoline is spec'd. Valvoline stuff is under $10/qt on amazon...if you have prime, you get it in 2 days. I learned the hard way you cannot bank on local parts stores carrying Valvoline CVT. Needed several qts in middle of nowhere IL on a Sunday. I cleaned out a neighboring city's supply from 3 parts stores...only got 6 qts.
smile.gif

He should also call up the local stealership's service dept. My Outlander has regular AT. When I first bought it, ATF-J2 was about $12/qt. Last time I bought it, I was pleasantly surprised to see it was $7.50/qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back