John Deere Turf Guard 10W40 SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil sample had a trace of insolubles. Other than that nothing much showed up. Analysis by Blackstone. Elements not listed were 0.

Moly 40
Boron 31
Calcium 878
Mag 3
Phos 400
Zinc 465
Flashpoint 385
Viscosity was 70.1 SUS @ 210 F (65-76)
Trace of insolubles

I was disappointed in the results. I thought a company like John Deere would provide an oil with higher additive levels. I paid $2.38 a quart at Scrugs Farm and Home center which carries an extensive line of John Deere merchandize. I intended it for a car which has engine start up noise with just about any oil I try. I was trying to find a group 1 oil with a good additive package. Is a flash point of 385 indicative of a group 1 oil? All comments are welcomed.

This has to be one of the saddest looking VOA's on the forum.
crushedcar.gif

Agree about the VOA - however, give either Mystik or Citgo oils a try - and failing that, Chevron. Personally I'd try to Mystik JT-8 10W-40.

I hold this VOA as suspect. These results are NOT typical of an SL oil VOA, this looks like the machines were calibrated for a SM formulation! I wonder if B.S's machines need recalibrating. Do they still have the sample on hand? If so, can you contact them to run it on their other machine?

Something is not right.

This is disappointing much like my sample of their 0w-40 synthetic HDEO was. No more Deere oil for me. Looks like they want your engine to wear out faster so they can sell you a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back