Joe Gibbs has to be miffed!

I've got the race on the computer with the sound off talking on the phone. I see Hamlins car blow up. A few minutes later there's a shot of Gibbs, Hamlin's crew chief and an engineer talking and Joe looks pizzed. Then Truex runs out of gas 100 yds from the finish line for 2nd place. Before that he made a bad mistake on a corner allowing Larson to overtake him for first place. JGR garage is not going to be a nice place to be this week. Engines blowing up, driver mistakes, allowing a car to run out of gas just before the finish line.

I’ll just say it’s interesting Bell had a engine let go last weekend now Hamlin really really early this weekend may be something maybe be nothing might be trying something or not.

They must not be doing 5K OCI’s. 🤣

I was miffed the High Limit race in Davenport got rained out Tuesday. I think it was going to be a good one.

Just my $0.02

IMG_2688.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

Are they using 0-20 oils and going 10k race miles for lower maintenance costs??

Are they using 0-20 oils and going 10k race miles for lower maintenance costs??
I will be curious to know the cycle count on Hamlin's engine. C-Bell's sealed longblock that broke a valvespring at WWT was on its third use. The rules now state that at 18 events you have to use a already run engine. It is common to get them out of the way during the regular season, especially if you qualify for the playoffs early, so you can have as many fresh bullets in the playoffs as possible.

As far as the oil, Todd Gordon on the Late Shaft has said that when he was with Penske, they were given bottles of unlabeled oil from RoushYates specific to each track.

I will be curious to know the cycle count on Hamlin's engine. C-Bell's sealed longblock that broke a valvespring at WWT was on its third use. The rules now state that at 18 events you have to use a already run engine. It is common to get them out of the way during the regular season, especially if you qualify for the playoffs early, so you can have as many fresh bullets in the playoffs as possible.

As far as the oil, Todd Gordon on the Late Shaft has said that when he was with Penske, they were given bottles of unlabeled oil from RoushYates specific to each track.
I thought they had to run the same engine for so many races??

Back