Jeep Wrangler tires recommendations

I am looking for tire recommendations for my 2018 Jeep Wrangler. To date, it has not gone off road, but may do some limited trails in the future. I bought it for work and taking weekend drives. I have put a little over 60K miles on the factory Goodyear Wrangler SR/A. I am looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S (which I have on my truck) or the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's. If anyone has other recommendations, I am willing to listen. Again, 99% will be on road driving. I will be staying with the stock rims for now, so any would have to fit those.Thanks in advance.

I have BFG on mine. 33" were stockers and now 35". They are quiet on road, though I took the stock tires off at 20K miles and 35's are still fairly new. Good traction in all but thick mud. They suck in thick mud, which is to be expected. Also I dont know about snow, I park it during salt season.

But really, with 60K on yours and never been off road, I would probably skip BFG or any other AT tire. Unless you want it just for looks. Highway tires will do just fine on gravel roads and dirt.

I had a set put (Non-4S, but seem like they're basically the same thing) on my grandfather's 14' Grand Cherokee 3 years and 20k miles ago.

The sidewalls have taken a beating and have some chunks out, however here in the desert with hard rock that's why, so I can't blame them much. I'm also pretty rough on them. My only other thing is they are noisy.

I'd find something else, just on the noise alone.

What size?

For no offroad so far but planning to, I like the Yokohama G015:

They tested well, balance well and are good in all conditions. Check out the reviews.

For our 'off-roader', I searched for a long time to find just the right combination of great wet and snow traction, dry traction, QUIET, great on highway, and so far have done great on 4wd trails too.

If there is any downside, it's that they aren't the most aggressive looking tires. But function over form was more important.

These are LT 265/70R17 E.

IMG_20200418_150634.jpg

I am looking for tire recommendations for my 2018 Jeep Wrangler. To date, it has not gone off road, but may do some limited trails in the future. I bought it for work and taking weekend drives. I have put a little over 60K miles on the factory Goodyear Wrangler SR/A. I am looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S (which I have on my truck) or the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's. If anyone has other recommendations, I am willing to listen. Again, 99% will be on road driving. I will be staying with the stock rims for now, so any would have to fit those.Thanks in advance.
For what you described I can't find anything better than this for the price, I struggled with the same thoughts on a older jeep that was for a teen that would not be driving off road just wanted to have "that look" THese tires do all that and are great in the wet and snow.... Look at the temp/traction ratings very hard to find a A/T tire that gets a A/A. And somehow they also get the mountain snowflake rating which is above the regular "M/S" versions....

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am leaving towards the Coopers but will have to wait a few days since my Jeep just went into the shop with a radiator leak. Thanks again for the thoughts and reviews!

What tire size?

You may look at general grabber ATx.
I have run a lot of off-road and all terrain tires including BFg Ats and Mts as well as aggressive tires like MT Baja claws and Even a set of TSLs from way back.
If you are running a lot of highway and don’t plan on deep mud any well constructed AT withGood mileage rating will work well. I run my truck 1500-2500 a month Mostly highway but do go in construction sites, agricultural areas and occassionally I take it on fishing paths.
I have grabber AT2s with 20k on them sinice last September and ammsad that they are discontinued because they have Been great on the highway and dirt and gravel.

if you like bfg's
Toyo open country AT III are similar with no LT tire penalties. Winter snowflake rated.

Very good offroad.. or onroad. Same gas mileage as the stock firestone destination AT's
PXL_20210804_185738947.jpg

I think either of those tires will do well for you. I ran the BFG's (315/70/17) on my 2018 Jeep for the first 47k miles and did quite a bit of off-roading. They were amazong on and off the road and had a very smooth, quiet ride. I've had them on the rocks in Moab, in sand dunes, and gumbo mud in Kentucky and Tennessee. They've handled it all. The sidewalls have held up, too, with no tears or flats. They actually carried me out of mud that I thought surely was going to stop me and require winching. I've got 285/70/17's on my 2008 JK and it's the same. They are outstanding on and off the road.

I don't know much about the Coopers. If the tread is as aggressive as the BFG, then they'll probably be great.

One tip. Don't get anything above a C load rating or the ride will be rough. Lots of Jeeps go with E load rating. These are extremely light duty vehicles and just don't need tires that stiff. You'll be much happier with the more appropriate C rating.

The falken at/3 wildpeak mentioned above is a very good tire, though its more AT oriented. Yokohama geolandar GO15 is a great road-oriented AT which rolls quiet and does rain well (after the initial oil is released from the pavement; they are slick as balls for the first 10 minutes), as is the continental contitrack AT. Also, not listed is the venerable bridgestone revo 3, which is more of a medium duty AT, heavier than the others listed, 3pmsf rated, but generally on the quieter side for an AT. For 99% pavement use with some trails, I’d probably lean towards the Yoko or revo, depending on what your tolerance for highway road noise is. IMO the yoko is built with a bit more precision than the conti, though the conti beats in by a hair in noise and wet performance.

Back