Jeep Wrangler Radiator Replaced

Hello! Based on the recommendations I received here and over on the Wrangler Forums I brought my JK to the dealership to be checked out. The vehicle has a little over 9k miles on it. A little over a week ago I brought my JK in with the symptoms of having to add coolant twice (I keep an eye on the fluids every few days and noticed that the level dropped below minimum in the overfill thus leading me to brining the Jeep in). They replaced my radiator in record time after pressuring testing it while I waited...in about 2 hours give or take since they had an extra radiator in stock. I drove off and then stopped and checked the overfill bottle and they filled it to the max line. I have not checked it since that initial day, however when I checked the levels today the level has dropped to below the minimum line. Seeing that the radiator is new and they just replaced everything, is it possible the system still had air in it and that the drop was due to the coolant being circulated and filling the radiator?
Regards!

Now that the system has had a chance to burp out the air, start tracking it from this day forward. I wouldn't worry about what went missing shortly after. They filled the bottle to maximum because they knew this would happen, as they probably didn't take the time to burp it themselves.

Just a suggestion: With a fully warm engine, go find the steepest incline you can safely stop on, and let it run nose-high for a few minutes. This is what I have to do occasionally to get the air out of my Canyon's heater core, due to the defective design in the overflow bottle.

I'm shocked they had a radiator in stock. I can't remember the last time I had a car worked on when they had anything they needed. Buy a lottery ticket!

Now that the system has had a chance to burp out the air, start tracking it from this day forward. I wouldn't worry about what went missing shortly after. They filled the bottle to maximum because they knew this would happen, as they probably didn't take the time to burp it themselves.

Just a suggestion: With a fully warm engine, go find the steepest incline you can safely stop on, and let it run nose-high for a few minutes. This is what I have to do occasionally to get the air out of my Canyon's heater core, due to the defective design in the overflow bottle.

I'm shocked they had a radiator in stock. I can't remember the last time I had a car worked on when they had anything they needed. Buy a lottery ticket!
I was shocked as well with them having one in stock and getting it done so fast without an appointment! Thank you for your help!

JK radiators are basically a normal maintenance item so I am not surprised they had one. Ours was leaking around 65k and I replaced at that time.

It is probably residual air in the system, all you can can really do it fill it up and check again in a few days.

Very common replacement on a jk. Would be weird if they didn’t have one in stock

the 3.6 and many coolant systems like or need to be filled with a vacuum fill method or they level will not be correct like you noticed. Hopefully you are good to go now after a few heat cycles

Back