Jeep Grand Cherokee L motor mounts!!

I did that once. I dumped a vehicle just months after buying it. It was a financial hit but I quickly grew to hate the thing. One stupid problem after another. I chalk it up to the automotive karma that sometimes a car doesn't want to be under your ownership. The vehicle will behave and be happier with someone else.

Scott
I sometimes joke, "this car hates me and doesn't want to be worked on."

I sometimes joke, "this car hates me and doesn't want to be worked on."
I really do believe in car karma. I've had two cars that hated me. We bought both brand new and they had unending issues from day 1, mile 1.

It got to the point it became personal with one of them. I'll leave the brand out to avoid controversy, but I tried to blow that thing up one afternoon. If you held a steady throttle on a, say, 5% grade, it would hunt between 3rd and 4th, shifting back and forth as quickly as the transmission was able - all the while I was simply maintaining speed at a steady throttle, driving in "D".

One afternoon on a long grade it started doing that. I thought, "Okay, that's what you want to do? Go ahead. Beat your brains out." It probably hunted back and forth 200 times in quick succession, as fast as it could(!), before I ran out of road. I was sorry the engine had to be go through that, but that thing had chronic valvetrain problems and was on its second set of cams and lifters by 35K miles! I was surprised the appliance survived the ordeal. That mid-sized SUV and I had a genuine hatred towards each other.

Scott

Last edited:
I check in on the jeepgarage.org WL section almost every day as I own a '22 Summit. I haven't seen any motor mount threads or complaints. It makes me think there might be something unique to the OP's vehicle causing the failures.

Edit: I take that back.

Last edited:
Back