Jeep 4.0 - 3500MI - 9k on XG8A(Fram Ultra) - Particle Count

Previous Thread Here - Jeep 4.0 - 6400MI - 22k on XG8A(Fram Ultra) - Particle Count

I changed this oil earlier than anticipated due to a trip up to Virginia (Flag Pole Knob Area, 153 Gallons of Gas 1,832 Miles Round Trip) which the XJ did well.

No changes at all to the Jeep except for tires since the last UOA to keep that consistent.

Last OCI was 5 QTs Maxlife HM 15W40 and 1QT Synpower 5W30
This OCI, 5 Quarts of Synpower 5W30 and 1QT of Maxlife HM 15W40

BFuBHAa.png

Seems this has not received a lot of attention. I read some things suggesting that the 4-14 micron count are potentially important to engine wear.
I guess a quality bypass filter could lower this range but not something most people are going to set up. Could some magnets impact this in a meaningful way?

Is the Fram Ultra still the best choice for most people?

Cut the filter and post it in the Filter section with the ISO count. It'll get attention.

IMO/IME the Ultra is a fine choice. Deeper discussion of the filter should probably be reserved for filter forum.

Gold star for posting your report in line with your post. Not some cell phone screen shot or PDF attachment I have to download and open. Kudos to you. Nice report btw.

Back