JB Engine Tune Up

Does this stuff have zinc as a major additive? It is from JB Engine products, called "JB Engine Tune-Up" additive: ENGINE TUNE-UP / new package! Part No. ETU/4 Add to motor oil to free sticky valves and lifters Protects new engines during break-in Helps engines run cooler, smoother and quieter Protects engines from harmful acids and corrosion Treats the Metal, Not the Oil® Contains JB Metal Conditioner®

VERY WEIRD you post this as I was going to today! I was told by a 30 year Amsoil representative to add this to my oil to reduce the "cackling" noise I hear on moderately cold starts. I put it in Saturday evening.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I was told by a 30 year Amsoil representative to add this to my oil to reduce the "cackling" noise I hear on moderately cold starts. I put it in Saturday evening.
And did it help the noise factor?

Originally Posted By: hate2work
 Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I was told by a 30 year Amsoil representative to add this to my oil to reduce the "cackling" noise I hear on moderately cold starts. I put it in Saturday evening.
And did it help the noise factor?
It didn't help yet, I still heard it this morning.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Odd an Amsoil rep would suggest an oil additive.
Yes, I agree and I thought the same thing. He's torn apart scores of engines, marine racing engines, etc. Smart dude.

We have this product in our shop. I had sold it to someone with a saturn and while pouring it in the filler it dissolved some varnish. Probably contains the same ingredients are Rislone. Except they have the whole "Treats the metal, not the oil" [censored]

Originally Posted By: c3po
Is this stuff made by the same people who make JB-Weld.
Nope those are two different companies.

Originally Posted By: GMorg
There are two products with that name. One is sold by the Blaster company and is an aerosol solvent. The other is sold by Justice Brothers and comes in a can with the same format as the old CD-2 cans - sort of like a tall STP can. The Justice Brothers' product has antimony compounds at the active ingredients. The MSDS is linked below: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/osh/msds/documents/OilTreatmentConcentrate.pdf
That is not the engine tune up. That is the Oil treatment. They are two different products.

The engine tune up is more of a light solvent with some EP's, like rislone. The engine oil treatment is more like a oil thickener and ZDDP boost.